Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 6 of 49

Elymas tries to get the conversation back - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Sep, 2017 - 5:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 49 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 6:08am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 6

"I'll leave the prophetic questions for the others to ask; I've got only one question in mind." Manos smiles. "What kind of compensation are we getting; both before the quest, for supplies, and after the quest, as reward? Hephaestus knows that I won't make this trip without a fine quality wagon, polished and stained for protection."

He plops his feet to the ground and finally stands for the king, giving the traditional Spartan salute. "I just wanna make sure that I get enough to open a quality shop after this. And that everyone else here gets what they need as well."

Sponsored Links:
7th Sep, 2017 - 6:13am / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Servant of Dreams says...

Remembering the words spoken of bowing, that they were equals of the king, Keitha still offers a respectful nod of her head when King Agesilaus enters and greets the group. The woman considers what was said, and find herself frowning a bit when Manos asks about payment. It was perhaps a fair question, but also now might be seen as a disrespectful given the circumstance.

Keitha listens to the conversation and of riddles before saying, "Yes, answers like that could be an issue. Especially since many riddled prophecies are not understood in full or in part until after the events take place." Such things could be frustrating if one's question is not precise, or even disastrous when misunderstood.

Continuing, she will ask a more personal question and say somewhat sheepishly, "If I may ask, what can you tell me of Artemis, who has chosen me for this journey? I have a couple of ideas on why, but I honestly know very little of her or the other gods worshipped here." Admitting such ignorance was embarrassing, yet Keitha yet now was an opportunity to learn such.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Sep, 2017 - 6:16am

7th Sep, 2017 - 8:19am / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Short End says...

Tellias stood and nodded in respect to his king as he entered the mansion, the took his seat again, listening to what the king had to say and to the replies of the others before interjecting.

In response to Manos's question Tellias replies "I do not need compensation. Although for those none Spartans here I know you do not have such respect and see compensation as a necessary part of life. Ares has benefited me prior to today and will no doubt do so moving forward. May payment is to represent my kings, my gods and my Spartans!" He stands and salutes the king in the traditional Spartan salute, to which Agesilaus responds likewise, and it seems he has used it a lot today already. He then composes himself and retakes his seat again.

"My only question of you my king, was that which Brathark asked. I believe also that if we are to be successful in this quest then it must be us who finds the questions we need to ask of the Oracle, for this is possibly more important than the answers we receive in reply. For my opening suggestions I would put forward that we ask where might the source of the disturbances be found, who or what is the source of these disturbances and how might we overcome the source and halt the problems. Let the debate begin." With this Tellias opens his arms wide to the rest of conclave.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 9:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Agesilaus responds to each in turn.

First to Manos he looks at him and a look passes over his face but none can read it, "Athenian, Manos is it I believe, we will give you wagon when you leave on the morrow. You shall have all the supplies you need for sustenance, as Pausanias said earlier. When the task is done, we shall build you the finest wagon shop in Sparta."

Then to Keitha he replies, "Artemis Agrotera, Potnia Theron: Artemis of the wildland, Mistress of Animals". She is the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She is the goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity, and protector of young girls, The deer and the cypress are sacred to her. She is the goddess of nature… remembering that nature has a wild aspect to it as well. An aspect where animals hunt and eat each other, and we too are animals. More than that I know not for although I honor all the gods and goddesses, she is not my patron. When magic returned I found Apollo was then and is now. Many a priest or priestess of Artemis you can find on your travels to learn more."

With that he rises, "And since I have already answered Brathark's query I shall leave before you debate your questions. This I will not partake in. Ere I leave, does any of the rest of you have a question of me? Speak up, the time for shyness has long since past."

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 10:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Niklaus perks up once more. "As the one… chosen? Indicated? By Apollo, I would like to know more. And as he is your patron, can you elaborate on Apollo a bit for me? A foreigner to these lands, I am only passingly familiar. Oh, and going on this adventure should be payment enough. It should provide tales I can tell for years to come!"

7th Sep, 2017 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀

The light bearer says...

Photokles had taken a room with a window or doorway facing the east as to catch the dawning sun for his daily morning prayers. It was here the priest remained in silent contemplation for a bit longer than the others, as he could hear them conversing and the such. The priest was still struck with awe by the events that had transpired this day.

Eventually the priest re-joined the others in the main hall as king Agesilaus had come to meet with them. Photokles listened to what the king had to offer regarding any answers to some more immediate questions the group may have, though it became clear the majority of the group were already beginning to formulate what they'd actually be asking the oracle. The priest did grow intrigued at the king's comment regarding Apollo and his statement that the Olympian "Was then and is now".

When the wagon maker asked what sort of of compensation he could expect for this quest, Photokles shot a fiery gaze toward the man,

"We have been chosen by the gods themselves! Should you live long enough to even think of payment, you will have already been forgotten! To die in service to Olympos is to be immortalized!"

The Rhodian returned his attention back to the king and was about to ask something of him, however the blond man from the north, who was seemingly chosen by Apollo, inquired to know more of the god. At this, Photokles became attentive and focused on every word that came from the king's mouth.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 7th Sep, 2017 - 12:56pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Sep, 2017 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 6

Servant of Dreams says...

Keitha briefly offers a somewhat confused expression when it was said that Artemis was the virgin goddess of childbirth, this not making sense to her at all, yet decides to let such pass for the moment. The woman can always converse with a priest or priestess later involving that and much more.

What she wouldn't realize at this time is how complex and interwoven the pantheon was, or in their mythology and history. Keitha probably will not like or approve of all that she will learn, though still likely to find much of it most interesting and curious. Only time will tell.

Speaking more softly then others, the druid will say to Manos, "Even though there is much I am unfamiliar with and the culture of my home different, even I felt that was an ill conceived question inappropriate for the situation." Keitha offers an expression more apologetic, yet her words were offered with a serious tone.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Sep, 2017 - 5:22pm

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Elymas tries to get the conversation back to the subject at hand. "As I see it, our priorities are to know what must be done, what actions and resources will be required to achieve those goals, and the mistakes most likely to lead to failure. I think our questions should reflect these three things."

"King Agesilaus, is there anything concerning the event and its aftermath that is not common knowledge? Particularly notable incidents or sightings may shed some light. I'd be particularly interested to know if there was anything coherent said by the man who returned alive."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Sep, 2017 - 5:32pm

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.