Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 7 of 49

"I am sure our purpose is already set - Page 7 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Sep, 2017 - 8:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 49 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 7

"The priest of Helios is right, King Agesilaus, I want my father to get the shop if I die. He can profit from my immortality as much as I could."

He gives a look to the room. "Now don't tell me most of you don't know how these stories go? We are all in for a lot of suffering and pain; and some of us, even possibly that bear there, will die."

"So I'm making sure that I end this with more than, well… " He motions to his gear. "What consist of all my worldly possessions."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Briadia looks at Manos in some surprise as he speaks of what payment he will receive. When he mentions about people dying including possibly her bear she glares at him. " You were chosen by a god. What more can you ask for than that? What more reason do you have for living than serving a god? That is a great honor. Do not speak of my bear possibly dying. . He is my closest companion. Arcad would die for me and I would die for him. "

" The greatest honor a mere mortal can have is to be chosen by and to serve a God. If we die in their service we will have died nobly. There is much more to life than material gain. "

She looks around the group while thinking about what questions to ask the Oracle. " I agree with a couple of other suggestions regarding the questions. One, what happened to the others that tried to reach Olympus. Two, what is the cause of this disturbance and lastly what do we need to do to correct the problem. " She takes a seat and strokes Arcad's fur as she eyes the group.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Sep, 2017 - 7:41pm

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Agesilaus smiles at the man from the north, "Apollo is the son of Zeus and Leto, twin brother of Artemis. Unlike all other Greek Polis, like the two kings we have we have two patrons, Apollo and Artemis. Many think it is Areas, but that is not so. Many of our festivals are tied to these two and we are quite pious folk.

Apollo is the god of music, and when he comes to me he is often carrying his golden lyre. He is also known as the Archer, far shooting with a silver bow; the god of healing, it was he who gave the science of medicine to man; and the god of truth. It is his Oracle you will meet at Delphi, but she is not bound by the same rules as Apollo. Although the truth comes from him, it does not necessarily come through him."

He thinks for a few seconds and then sighs and continues, "I've not told this to anyone, Apollo came to me the day the aster kometes (Hairy star, what the Greeks called comets) first appeared in the sky. He prophesied that it would bring gifts and strangers from afar. He has not spoken of it since. Until just before I came to visit you when he appeared and told me to visit the chosen ones… you. Then and now."

Then he turns to Elymas, "Very astute question. All that I just relayed is not common knowledge. Nor is this, he spoke in his more lucid moments about a creature with a maw of fire and horns from Hades. Then he would become terrified and become completely incoherent." He looks at you all, "This man was one of my 300, he faced death many times and laughed. What he saw was worse then death. And now I have said too much and overstayed my welcome. I take my leave of you now."

He spins on his sandals and leaves without another word.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 7 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Elymas blinks, after a few moments he states, "Well, that is certainly promising. Hmph, at least my eldest is not too young to bear the burden I fear I will leave him."

"Now then, I suggest that we take that as a call to prepare as much as we can for this. Dying in the service of the gods is one thing. Dying uselessly, quite another."

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Feeling the time of talking is likely over, Manos takes it as his queue to crash for the night. He unties a bedroll from the side of his satchel and unfurls it in the courtyard. Large amounts of straw and hay can be seen inside of it, and can be heard crunching as he crawls into it.

He pulls off his chiton, but thankfully leaves his perizoma on. He snuggles in, laying infront of the bench, and quickly drifts off to sleep; hay still in his mouth.

8th Sep, 2017 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Short End says...

"It seems like the peasant has gone to sleep under the stars. He is somewhat annoying don't you find?" Tellias asked of the remainder of the group. He was inwardly glad the tramp had left, as he didn't respect the materialistic man and who would of no doubt been little more than a slave in Spartan society, in his eyes. He wouldn't of wanted to hear his thoughts on the matter at hand anyway, it was best for those who saw the gravity and honour of their position to deal with such things.

"Anyway, back to the matter in hand. What are our three questions going to be for the Oracle of Delphi? Lets hear some more suggestions and then we can discuss & take a vote." Tellias switched to his political negotiator persona he used in the Ekklsia, as it always irritated him when discussions such as this weren't moving in a direction that we see a vote ensue.

"If we can't come to an agreement soon, it may be a long night of discussion and debate ahead of us!" He warned with a serious and impatient look on his face.

Privately he wondered how the information that Agesilaus had shared with the gathered envoys of the gods, would impact on the bravery and cognitive reasoning of his new companions. He for one was neither afraid nor daunted by the task at hand, having faced against severe odds many times in the arena and in the Ekklsia when trying to "Win" at his task before him. Whether that be a group of ferocious beasts or gladiators, or the argumentative and contradictory politicians he always found a way to win, and this situation would be no different in his mind, they would have the three questions they needed to ask before the rest here went to bed!

Reconcile Edited: Glarion on 8th Sep, 2017 - 7:35pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 7

"I must admit to finding him off-putting as well, but Hephaestus is crafty, wise, and not afraid to look for value far beneath the surface. I strongly suggest not underestimating his chosen representative."

"In any case, my suggestions for our three questions would be as follows. 'What is our purpose?', 'How can we best prepare for this purpose?', and 'What mistakes or challenges should be avoided along the way?'"

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 7

"I am sure our purpose is already set out for us. I am thinking we can do without the first question you have proposed. The third one seems like it would cause a very vague answer and of little help. I like the second question. Now we just need to work on the other two that can help us out."

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.