Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 10 of 49

After a long night the day starts to much - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Sep, 2017 - 8:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

02nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 49 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
9th Sep, 2017 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 10

The Short End says...

"Indeed you are correct, Elymas was it? I apologize to you all for my assumptions and perceived aggression. I am as surprised that this task has been given to you all, and I will not lie that I thought it most odd that it was not purely Spartans who should fulfill this noble quest. But as our friend has stated, it pains me to admit that Spartans as yet, for some unknown reason, have failed at this task. I have experienced many people's cultures and ways on my travels and would of been more welcoming to you all 12 months ago. Sad to say that since I left the arena and my travels have been limited to walking from my villa to the polis." Tellias looks a little thoughtful as he realizes his words and actions and remembers how he used to be before his life in the Ekklsia. He may be a politician now, but before he was a man of the people, welcomed across the Mediterranean as a hero and celebrity. His time among other peoples taught him many life lessons, as well as tactical ones. His experience of death and suffering shaped his early years, but his successes and current career have pushed those lessons from his mind until this moment. Now he is more awake than ever he was in the arena or Ekklsia.

"Those questions seem appropriate to me and get my vote. I will endeavor to remember my temperance for outsiders, being you all, from my glorious days on the circuit and on the road. Now if you will excuse me, it is time I was to bed." With this Tellias rises from the table and salutes all here, then takes his leave. Thoughts and memories of days gone past coursing through his head. A voice calls in the back of his mind, but he can't determine who it is or what it says. It just compels him to be prepared for the road, and to be awake to his part in this cadre of god-chosen. Not just for his skills with hoplon & doyu, but also in skills of diplomacy and cultural awareness.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Briadia nods to the others. " It seems we have some type of agreement amongst us. I am retiring to bed as well. We need to be alert tomorrow during our travels. Arcad needs his beauty sleep. " She smiles at her companion and they walk out of the room together.

" Arcad. That was most interesting. It will take the influence of the gods for this group to get along. " She yawns, stretches and takes to her bed for the night. Soon a low rumbling sound can be heard as Arcad sleeps.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 9th Sep, 2017 - 6:02pm

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Niklaus bids those that leave for their rooms, "Good evening, and pleasant dreams." To all still in the room he watches Briadia leave with a keen interest. At least until Arcad, her ursine companion shoulders by him to follow her out. He chuckles in spite of himself and goes back to idly strumming his lute, and taking notes as the group finishes, or at least appears to finish, their discussion for the questioning of the Oracle.

"What path to begin? How best to prepare? Lastly, what most do the gods wish us to heed? Hm, for that final one we might want to narrow it down. Such as, what values we should exemplify, or something along those lines. Regardless, I think we should all get some rest, as it is a fair ways to Delphi. I bid you all pleasant dreams and a good evening. Now, my sisters and I need a little bit of rehearsal before sleep. Since it may be some time until we play together again, I won't miss our last chance. Rest assured we shall focus on quieter tunes so as not to disturb you fine folk." He bows with a flourish and makes his way to his room. For the next hour or so, from his room comes a series of songs, with each of the three taking turns singing softly, mostly songs of love and loss, and then silence finally descends.

9th Sep, 2017 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Page 10 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The Short End says...

When Tellias reached his room he found Tauthinias falling asleep in his chair. The young lad started as Tellias entered and jumped to his feet as having been caught with his fingers in the olive jar! Tellias smiled to himself and then smiled at the star pupil in his stable.

"It is late Tauthinias. Go grab some blankets from the store cupboard and bring them here. You may sleep on the floor of my room for tonight, but in the morning you must return to the stable and resume your training." Said Tellias firmly but affectionately.

Tauthinias replied "Thank you kyrios." Kyrios meaning master. He bowed his head and Tellias slapped him on it. The lad started up again and apologised "Sorry my kyrios."

Tellias retorted "How many times, a Spartan bows down to no one. A nod or salute is more than enough to offer another in return of thanks or greeting."

"Yes my kyrios" said the lad sheepishly as he left the room to fetch his bedding.

Tauthinias rushed to the cupboard and was removing bedding for himself as the musician fellow walked to his room. Not long after Tauthinias could he music coming from the room and it made his heart feel sentimental joy and peace. He made his way back to Tellias's room with a hint of a smile on his face and a spring in his step.

As Tauthinias re-entered the room Tellias asked "Where is that music coming from?"

Remembering the word his lord had used to name the musician earlier he replied "It is coming from the fools room kyrios. I believe he is in there with women, as I could hear their voices singing also."

"Yes I believe they are his sisters. Well to sleep lad." Tellias rested his head on his pillow and listened to the music for as long as he could before drifting off to sleep, as did Tauthinias

His sleep was pleasant at first but it turned darker after an unknown period of time. They turned to visions of the creatures Agesilaus had described. He had visions of death and war and of Ares riding out on his massive black boar. He saw all of Spartan burning, in fact as the dream lengthened he saw all of Hellas aflame!

He awoke with a start, sweat pouring down his brow and neck. He got up from his bed and took a drink from his flask of water. After letting the cool liquid chill his heat filled brow he looked out the window at the clear night above. He tracked the constellations as they hung in the sky. He didn't see it at first, reveling in the joy of star gazing, but something started to bug him. Something wasn't right. He couldn't put his finger on what it was, but something in the night sky was amiss, something was missing or changed He felt a chill on his neck and turned instinctively, but nothing was there.

He shook his head, blaming his dreams for the delusions and got back into bed….

Reconcile Edited: Glarion on 9th Sep, 2017 - 8:52pm

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Brathark bids the other a good sleep after the agreed upon questions. HE will head to his room with some thoughts still in his head as being thrice picked by the gods. How will he serve one god let alone three.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

As the amber light of the morning sun breaks across the horizon, the city lays mostly quiet. The heavy breathing of Manos can be heard in the courtyard as he finishes his morning exercises. He gulps down water, a little too fast but eagerly.

Dumping the rest of water out, he smiles at the day to come. He stuffs the mug into his pack before gathering up his gear and double checking his kit and supplies.

Slipping his satchel over his shoulder he heads into town, passing the occasional citizens. He makes his way to the market district, his mind set on acquiring additional supplies before the morning trek; when his eyes spot something he must have….

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 10th Sep, 2017 - 3:14am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Sep, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 10

Servant of Dreams says...

Given how her suggestions or ideas had barely been given a breath, if that given how the conversation had been going, Keitha had kep0t quiet for the rest of their little meeting. The woman was a bit frustrated, yet had not spoken on such. Still, it seems something of an agreement had been made with those before her starting to go to bed.

Heading to her own room, Keitha sighs after closing the door and placing the staff given to her by the fey next to her bed the woman begins combing her hair. It help to calm her, being reminded of how another had done such for her.

The druid was still uncertain of many things, with questions of her own both of the quest she had been given as well even that of the goddess who had chosen her. Keitha will look out the window to the starry night sky, asking to herself softly, "What will you have me do, why have you chosen me?"

Keitha still felt she had an idea, yet knew that her reasoning could well be off or that Artemis' reasons may well be more complex. Finishing with her hair, the young woman will start her nightly rituals as she will also have for the morning. Little things to appease whatever fae might be in this land.

Heading to the bed, she will take the staff and place it by her side, a comfort in reminder of the home that she had left behind. Of those she cared about and what was familiar, since where she was felt very confusing.

Out of Character: Apologizes for being away, no access to a computer.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Sep, 2017 - 4:13pm

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

After a long night the day starts to much too early with a rap on the door. Some of you are already up, others drag themselves out of bed. There are both kings of Sparta along with many of the senior diplomats from Polis of Greece and from Persian, Aegyptus, and Italia. Even the representatives from the polis of Syracuse on Sicily, from Thrace, and from Macedonia stayed for this. Waiting for you are a mule for each of you, one towing a rather old two wheeled wagon, and three additional mules. The wagon is full of rations, mostly dried goods, but also good goat cheeses, fresh olive oil, vinegar, and a selection of tasty Athenian wine and tart Spartan wine.

Both kings stride forward as you load up and prepare for your journey. They make sure you have the map that was left inside. They point out where Delphi is from here on the map. You note it is located between Thebes and Thermopylae. You should get there in four to five days of brisk travelling. Pausanias says, "This is your quest from here. You have free passage while in Hellas but no guard shall we provide." Then he offers his arm to each of you. Agesilaus approaches next, "Remember, the gods chose you for a reason. Take care, outside of Spartan influence strange things have happened and strange and wondrous and evil creatures have been seen." Then he too offers his arm and grasps you back.

The crowd parts in silence and the path to Delphi and the beginning of your journey is cleared for you.

Three hours outside of Sparta a party of riders catches you up. You note they are the representatives from Macedonia and Thrace. Unlike the rest of the Hellenes, they have an abundance of horses and they are riding. They hail you and offer you luck. "Luck to you chosen ones. Our lands have borne the brunt of these creatures that come. I fear if you cannot stop this assault our lands will be overrun and all of Hellas and then the world afterwards. Now, we must leave, our services are needed in our countries." They gallop off.

Out of Character: I need travel order. Also if you have scouts forward or on your flanks or not. The map is located on page three of this thread in case you missed it.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 10th Sep, 2017 - 8:17pm

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.