Should We Have Adult Themed RPGs? - Page 2 of 2

I have no issues with mature and graphic content. - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 7th Nov, 2017 - 11:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 
Best of  Should Adult Themed RPGs
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2017 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Should We Have Adult Themed RPGs?
A Friend

Should We Have Adult Themed RPGs? - Page 2

international QUOTE
Is there really any benefit to this kind of game except to introduce some sex and gore?

Is there really any benefit to any kind of Role-playing Game?

The answer to both questions is ultimately the same.

I find that a tasteful amount of adult material enhances a good tale. Same goes for comedy, ennui, angst, and other such items that are best in moderation.

Sex is a part of life, blood is a part of life. So long as everyone involved is on board and comfortable, why should I or other writers pretend such things do not exist and are not important aspects of these worlds we shape?

Writing about such is not for everyone, but that is true of every kind of media ever made.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 14th Oct, 2017 - 1:57am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2017 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPGs Themed Adult We Should

I agree, Daishain. Regardless of the media or method of delivery, there will always be different levels of maturity and adult-themed plots and interactions, depending on the players/target audience. The only objection I ever have to some kinds of media that goes with adult themes, is when there is no real core content - just sexual actions. When the heart of the plot depends only on the gore or sexual situations, it has no real substance and will lose audience interest.

7th Nov, 2017 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Should We Have Adult Themed RPGs? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I guess some need this but personally I would not want to get involved with a Role-playing Game that was too suggestive or overly violent beyond what you could get in regular Role-playing Games. Now, before you get all hot and bothered by my comment just realize its just my opinion, I am not condemning anyone that wants to play sex slave meat butcher. *laugh*.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2017 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 RPGs Themed Adult We Should

Yes, well considering how violent most Netflix shows have become, with their huge sprays of blood and messy situations, I'd not be surprised if people don't need it in their role playing *smile* They see enough of it on TV.

7th Nov, 2017 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

RPGs Themed Adult We Should

Actually its more involved than that. Its one thing to watch violence and quite another to role-play it out because that means you have to think about the acts and put it into words. Lots of visualization there *wink*.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2017 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have no issues with mature and graphic content. I see enough in games and on tv even in movies. To type it out is not any different. Besides while I will not be a sex butcher meat slave I would still have fun playing in a more mature game *smile*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Should We Have Adult Themed RPGs?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,