Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone? - Page 5 of 6

In my point of view courtesy nowadays is being - Page 5 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 8th Aug, 2022 - 1:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
being unkind, toxic or salty on social media and other communities.
29th Jul, 2021 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone? - Page 5

Lots of people use anonymity to say things they never would have thought of saying in real life.

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2021 - 9:19am / Post ID: #

Gone Simply There Never Was Online Courtesy

I believe age and accessibility has something to do with it.

A lot of teens (And some adult unfortunately) are rather selfish and kind of arrogant. They have yet to understand how important courtesy is. Especially with those special flakes who think they are so special and unique.

Combined this with how easy it is to access internet today, and voila, you have waves of insolent brats online.

Bad seeds always exist, but the rise of internet has made their presence that much more noticeable nowadays.

24th Sep, 2021 - 9:20am / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I agree with what have been said so far, and I would like to add the distancing that happens with online vs "Face-to-face". That are some nice studies about it nowadays.

In a way, people would not say bad things face-to-face when talking with someone else because they feel accountable for what they are saying, which does not happens online.

Of course, that's not the only answer for those acts, but I find it very interesting to point out.

27th Sep, 2021 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Gone Simply There Never Was Online Courtesy

Being a courteous person shows that you undertstand a person from their perspective. I am very respectful when someone tells me something. I appreciate when people help me. It is very courteous of them to help me.

16th Nov, 2021 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

Gone Simply There Never Was Online Courtesy

People will always use online communication as a way to bully others and use it as an outlet for stress that's pretty human. It's wrong but so is most of everything humans have ever done.

29th May, 2022 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone?

I can totally relate to what you're saying. And I completely agree. A lot of people out there make it difficult for online play. But there are few gems out there that make it so I want to keep going.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2022 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone?
A Friend

Courtesy Online Was Never There Simply Gone - Page 5

If we're talking about courtesy in the context of online communities, I think that it can really depend on the nature of the community itself and that the overall "Vibe" can affect players' attitudes towards one another. Some positive examples include collaborative efforts on r/place (The pixel-art inspired April Fools canvas where Reddit users come together to create art and defend their claimed territory) and some MMORPG communities (Personally, I've seen a lot of kindness in The Lord of the Rings Online & in Furcadia back in its heyday). Of course, there are some terrible places, too, like the ever-infamous COD lobby, full of bravado, insults & swearing. I haven't even played COD but I know of that reputation, so it definitely speaks for itself.

8th Aug, 2022 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online Was Never There Simply Gone Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 5

In my point of view courtesy nowadays is being treated as a necessity to talking someone for their needs rather than as in good manners and that includes politeness.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,