Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone? - Page 2 of 6

My guess is that once people go online their - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2019 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
being unkind, toxic or salty on social media and other communities.
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2017 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone? - Page 2

Name: Salted

Comments: Sounds familiar, I also come from old school. I mean when I was a kid we used CB radios and the only way that worked was with so many only sharing 23/40 channels was being polite and waiting your turn. What I found interesting as I was thinking of your article was that happened as well to the CB radio. It was a place of help and courtesy but by the late 1990's it was garbage still is for the most part. I also was used to the old modems some Bells product that ran around 300baud but that was on BBS he internet was nothing like we know today.
I remember getting three phone lines and having 3 9600's and later I had three 56K I thought was insanely fast .*laugh*. I think I had for one year a T11 but we had allot of stuff then, Now we run here around 77-MBs, I digress I watched as the same thing that occurred the CB also occurred in the same pace as the internet up until about 2004 the internet was still semi-polite and soon keyboard commandos and trolls were still in Diapers. Society is an odd set of circumstances where technology evolves knowledge and suppresses intellect and curbs the the moral compass of the average person.

Sponsored Links:
17th Dec, 2018 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Gone Simply There Never Was Online Courtesy

Part of the lack of courtesy has to do with the receiver reading too much into what is sent in an email or message. In other words they take it the wrong way and instead of trying to understand what is being said as just words they take it as a personal attack. rolleyes.gif.

19th Dec, 2018 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

People have lost their manners in person probably because they never had them to start. So expecting them to be courteous online is like hoping to win the lottery. Then they have the worst of examples in our leadership which shows an attitude of smug is in and kindness is out.

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2018 - 10:51am / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone?
A Friend

Page 2 Gone Simply There Never Was Online Courtesy

In my experience, the online anonymity makes it easier for people to point their frustrations toward others. Not saying that I am discourteous online, at all.
I tend to use online media as a hub for discussion and "Mind-expansion" if you will.
Sadly you will always encounter those that think themselves better than others after flaying them with disheartening comments that should make the recipient feel inferior to them.
Once the recipient doesn't acknowledge this inferiority after the first comment made, mostly, these people turn vicious and near malefic. (Think of bringing up personal things to see if there is a sensitive spot to poke on or acquiring information and even hacking the recipient (Had this happen to me once)).

All in all, the internet is a very toxic place that teaches those on it to be vicious in return of viciousness from third parties.
I believe a lot of the blaming and being offended culture stems from this, and am glad I'm not easily offended or feel blame falls on me. Nor do I blame or insult others very quickly.

30th Dec, 2018 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Gone Simply There Never Was Online Courtesy

On another site I frequent, someone complained that coders and developers spend too much time 'chatting' in the forum instead of making stable releases of code. To this one person said:

international QUOTE
I also think people don't understand what's actually involved with programming, they think it's as easy as just typing. Source 1k

I could not agree more! It immediately reminded me of this Thread. I responded: Time is relative online so many feel your time is theirs and what you dedicate your time to is the same as things they would. Coding things for 'free' usually is a work of love- people do not know the cost or time involved in these ventures. In other words, you are not human- you are not entitled to life, free time or pursuing your own needs and wants. You are just there for them, and them only. That is the modern interpretation of a username- the person that posts updates that meets your needs when you want it.

I am sometimes amazed by the Emails and messages I receive to do this or that as though I am getting a salary and I do not not have serious issues in my own real life other than online entertainment.

1st Apr, 2019 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone?

I think it was never a strong suit online but recently the "Keyboard warrior" mentality has just gone overboard.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Apr, 2019 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online Was Never There Simply Gone - Page 2

The internet makes some people feel like they are more important than they really are or basically brings the narcissist to the forefront. When they access something even if its something as simple as a chat they believe everyone is just waiting to read what they say no matter how dumb, insulting or self-centered it might be because we have nothing else to do.

23rd Apr, 2019 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online Was Never There Simply Gone Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

My guess is that once people go online their sense of judgement is thrown out the window. Because people can hide behind their profile they don't care about the consequences of their actions and because they aren't looking the person face to face the don't really see them as a person. I really wish this wasn't so. This is why I try to be polite and nice when online, it's just so easy to be rude.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,