Being The Author: Writing In ROK II

Being Author Writing Rok Ii - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2019 - 10:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Being Author Writing In ROK II Playing ROK II requires you to write... it is part of the game. Let's review how easy it is to get started using some optional Old English.
4th Nov, 2017 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Some newer Players, when they come across a unique game like ROK II, still do not understand the fundamentals of how it is played despite the many explanations given. Again, ROK II is a Medieval Fantasy Text Role-playing Game that you create as the Author. Therefore, to separate writing from the game is like removing the game from itself.

ROK II involves many things but the main two that you will always encounter are: reading AND writing. This is thoroughly explained before game play takes place AND is part of the process but for some reason Players think they are being "Forced" to write or that it should "Be removed" to play… how strange. This may go back to this: Reading vs Comprehension where everything is being skipped over in the Start & Rules.

Do Not Be Shy:

Some Players may be skeptical or ashamed of their ability to write, but they should not be. No one here is entering a writing competition. Writing merely accounts for participation and is not a means for 'winning' (See: Winners & Losers In Ruler Of Kings II). Therefore, here are some tips about writing in Character and using Old English. Do keep in mind that while Old English is NOT a requirement for your own Journal it is for submissions where you are asked to write in Old English in order to gain extra gold. This is a simple guide to make it an easy process:

Writing in Old English made simple:

Substitute the following words (Bold) in your writing with the ones to the right of it:

You = thee, thou
Your = ye, thy
Yours = thine

You can also get away with using "-eth" and "-st" for instance:

Do = dost
Make = maketh
Like = Liketh

There are also terms like:

Boy = lad
Girl = lass

If one were to write purely in Old English it would be a difficult read therefore it is not asked for and not necessary. The important thing to always avoid is slang words and modern terms to give your words the feel of being 'medieval'.

If you have writing tips or suggestions you can place them here.

Being The Author: Writing In ROK II (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Nov, 2017 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

II ROK Writing Author Being

I wish I could write better and do much better when I do write in ROK2. I have some ideas but just do not know how to express them.

6th Nov, 2017 - 10:17am / Post ID: #

Being The Author: Writing In ROK II Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

I feel the best way to become better at writing is to be good at reading. That might sound strange but as you read more and more the styles, words and descriptions authors use can stay with you and be applied to your own writing.

2nd Dec, 2017 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Ah, very good the hints to write in old English!

I was expecting that when I first was prompted to write in the medieval style but didn't have that at the time.

Even tryed to find something similar online but couldn't find.

30th Dec, 2017 - 8:25am / Post ID: #

I am lazy to write in old English but these tips make it easy to read and understand. Oh, if Shakespeare only used just these instead of his hundreds of apostrophes and ancient words.

20th Nov, 2018 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

That does not sound so difficult. I expected a chore, so have avoided those prompts because they are optional. I may even have a look at the FAQ on the topic.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Nov, 2018 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Being Author Writing ROK II

I just use modern English so I don't confuse myself and end up writing something crappy. This is a great game and I like the angle that I can shape my own story.

23rd Nov, 2019 - 10:30am / Post ID: #

Being Author Writing ROK II Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

Very interesting hints to add to our writing when it comes to the old English style to be applied. Surely a way to improve English skills for those who use it as a second language like I do.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Being The Author: Writing In ROK II

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,