Karate Introduction - Page 2 of 5

Hello there everyone! I sincerely - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 17th Nov, 2017 - 11:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2017 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Karate Introduction
A Friend

Karate Introduction - Page 2

Hello there. Both of your questions are very legitimate ones, and I'll tackle them one at a time. I believe you first asked about how I'm able to do martial arts without actually being able to see my opponent? Well we as blind people have something called aspa, or acute special awareness. Literally allowing a blind person to feel his environment around him without actually using his hands. We can basically hear someone's movements, and in my case, I can see lights, so I could hear the person's arm move upwards, or their leg moving back in preparation for a kick. However, I've learned very recently that there is a system of self defense that is specifically designed for those of us who are profoundly blind, called safe without sight in which we use our hands to grab hold of our opponent's upi, or universal point of interest, where the shoulder meets the neck. Once we have hold in this position, we can then deliver any number of strikes and punches, and we must not be afraid to cause physical harm and even kill our opponent if need be. Finally, you had asked about how I'm able to watch a martial arts movie without actually seeing what's going on. Well quite honestly, we can simply listen to the sounds and music in the movie and figure out what's going on. Also, we have something called audio description and it literally means just what it sounds like. In some movies and television shows, there is actual audio narration woven within the show or movie's sound track by a skilled narrator, and they describe what people are wearing, and the actions on screen as well as what the surroundings look like. Netflix is a good example of this if you go in and look for a link that reads audio description. This will give you all of the audio described content that is currently available. I hope this answers your questions, and I thank you for asking them. You're learning. And I'm not at all offended at all, there is absolutely no such things aas a stupid question. Have a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2017 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Member + Author
[?] CPosts: 1,034
Flag Posts: 3,902
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 16.8%
[+] Gain: 1,379.41 FP
Charm: 71

Introduction Karate

That reminds me of the Dare Devil comics I used to read when I was younger. You are special, keep it up!

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 19th Sep, 2007 - 1:15pm
Signature:
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2017 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Karate Introduction
A Friend

Karate Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hello there again everyone. I've of course heard of [Dare Devil], and I thank you very much for your [positive] comments and of course, I try to live every day to the fullest, even though I chose not to finish college, quite frankly it [bored the heck] out of me and I wasn't even really enjoying it. I spent 4 years of my life that I'll never get back only to learn enough to impress mom every now and again on trivia game shows. I've decided to work completely from home, and I think I've finally found a business opportunity that'll work for me. I'm going to share Scentsy because I love their products and scents. I do have a question about ROK 2 though as well as your other roleplay games you have here. Do they all use the same mechanics as [Ruler of Kings]? And speaking of [Ruler of Kings], does your character age? And can I get into the [brothel] without donating? I am over 18, but I can't [afford] to donate any money. I've got just about enough forum points to create a new character, just a few more posts of some kind and I'll be able to make one. Have a wonderful day, and I thank you for all of your help thus far.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2017 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Introduction Karate

Hi Karate! For ROK 2 you will need to upgrade to access the adult related content. Other Role-playing Games here do not operate like ROK 2, they are simply play by post. If you have played Dungeons & Dragons then there are a number of them looking for players. Have a look here: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me?

To gain more forum points (FP) you can post in the topics as you do you gain more. There is a daily competition, if you post 30 or more in a day before 12pm GMT then you get a bonus amount but each post must be constructive, watch for grammar and spelling, etc. Hope that helps.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2017 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

Karate Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Karate

I thank you for all of your help, and I'll have to take a look at that article you linked me to. That's a shame that I have to upgrade to see the adult level content, that means I won't ever be able to raise my power up anywhere else, which will make it harder for me to do combat since I'll be hitting like a little 5 year old. Is there another place I can go to raise my power up so I'll hit harder? Thanks so much for your help.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2017 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

Karate Introduction

Karate, you can ask specific questions about ROK II in this thread: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text Role-playing Game General Discussion as that is the specific topic for it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2017 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Member + Author
[?] CPosts: 1,034
Flag Posts: 3,902
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 16.8%
[+] Gain: 1,379.41 FP
Charm: 71

Karate Introduction - Page 2

Karate, its optional, you can still make a great character without the brothel but like Support said discussion on ROK 2 is in the topic she linked.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 19th Sep, 2007 - 1:15pm
Signature:
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Karate Introduction
A Friend

Karate Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Hello there everyone! I sincerely thank you for your help, and I will absolutely be looking at that forum topic so that I can discuss the game and how else I can raise my power to hit harder in other places than the brothel. If I'm able to do that, that would be great. I do like this game, and I'd hate to have to give it up just because I couldn't upgrade. I've run across situations like that too I might add.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Karate Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,