Role-players Who Threaten To Leave A Game

Role-players Threaten Leave Game - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2018 - 12:03pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Add Reply Q
Discuss  Role-players Who Threaten Leave Game
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

How do you handle role-players who like to threaten to leave a game if events in the game do not go in the direction they had in mind?

Attached Image
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Gknightbc
A Friend

Game Leave Threaten Role-players

Let them leave. Blackmail, if allowed once, will always come out again. It's not worth the stress and possible bad blood with the other players to keep someone with that kind of attitude in a game.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2018 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 987
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 18.4%
[+] Gain: 435.97 FP
Charm: 53

Role-players Who Threaten To Leave A Game Reviews RPG & Card Board

If I think they were just being self-absorbed then I would gesture to hold the door for them while they go out as it would be better for everyone if they did leave.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2018 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Member Reader
[?] CPosts: 15
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.1%
[+] Gain: 1.82 FP
Charm: 1

I would not display any emotion. I would just say, "Ok, nice playing with you… "and then turn my head back to the game and carry on.

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2018 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Member Member
[?] CPosts: 35
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 6.3%
[+] Gain: 0.80 FP
Charm: 2

If anyone tries to do this you should let them leave and be cautious if he/she wants to play again.

I haven't seen this happening many times while I was playing.

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2018 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 987
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 18.4%
[+] Gain: 435.97 FP
Charm: 53

I like what reader said. These kinds of players, or non-players depending on how you see it, feed off of emotion trying to get everyone to care about their wanting to leave.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2018 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Member Junior
[?] CPosts: 44
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 6.1%
[+] Gain: 3.04 FP
Charm: 1

Role-players Threaten Leave Game

Don't let the door hit you where evolution split you. I never negotiate with terrorists. If you aren't having fun and want to ruin the game for others with your drama then leave. I don't tolerate drama and trying to bully me into changing my decisions or hit rewind because your dice betrayed you.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2018 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 17
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 16.4%
[+] Gain: 137.00 FP
Charm: 3

Tell those players that it's "Tough luck, but I am not going to cater to your wishes just because you'll leave if I don't. There's no solid reasoning behind your statement, and if you want to leave, then leave. I am not stopping you, just as you are not stopping what is about to happen."
If it's about set boundaries and a Dungeon Master going past those anyway, then yes, I'd give full credits to the player, but in this case it just sounds like a demanding child that wants the game to go its way.

Post Date: Wed Jul 17, 2019 - 16:34:52 GMT / Post ID: #

History

A pause from Roleplayers Who Threaten To Leave A Game to share correct from past times:
HistoricToday is: 17th July (GMT), in history on the 17th of July, 1549 AD the following event happened:
Jews are expelled from Ghent Belgium

Sponsored Links:

Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Role-players Who Threaten To Leave A Game

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2019
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

Future Terra II

Automated system to Role-play. No worries about Rules, Dice or updating your Character Sheet, they are taken care of for you. Just immerse in pure Role-playing.
Become A Backer!

See More

Highlights

Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now one of the most controversial men in political history. By Trans 1.5 Day(s) Ago Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By Telly 1 Week Ago Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By News 15th Mar, 2019 - 10:36pm Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By News 27th Feb, 2019 - 2:49am Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Xxbellaxx 13th Feb, 2019 - 8:12am Discuss It!
Stan Lee: Top  Stan Lee Comics By SMF 11th Dec, 2018 - 1:08pm Discuss It!
Kissing Up To The Boss In The Workplace: Top  Kissing Up Boss In Workplace By Reformist 22nd Nov, 2018 - 7:05pm Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Pureyang 14th Nov, 2018 - 3:03pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes