Road Rage!

Road Rage! - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Sep, 2008 - 5:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
25th Mar, 2005 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Road Rage!

A Dutch driving instructor hit a knife-wielding fellow motorist with a baseball bat during a fight over his student's skills, police said.

"Words were exchanged between the instructor and the man who pulled a knife and then the other hit him with a baseball bat," a police spokeswoman said Wednesday

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7294676/

I wonder why the instructor had a baseball bat with him. Both the instructor and the guy with the knife were arrested. I wonder also who started it because if the instructor was just defending himself from a guy threatening him with a knife, why would he be arrested?

Do you hear a lot about road rage where you live? In Massachusetts it is a very big problem. People have been killed more than once because they offended someone on the road.

Sponsored Links:
26th Mar, 2005 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

Rage Road

Here in SE Minnesota, I don't hear much about road rage issues. When I lived in Orlando, FL, the number of road rage cases were much higher but so was the population. My belief is that once you get into larger populated cities where highways and roads are at a premium, then road rage becomes more of an issue. I even remember someone following me all the way to my work when I lived in Florida because they were upset at me for something I did on the road. That was a very scary incident for me, but thankfully I survived it!

17th Sep, 2008 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Road Rage! Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

In Canada I could find no definition of it. In the United States it is:

A social Condition where motorists lose their temper in reaction to a traffic disturbance.

At first I though well that is silly it is a personal choice. Then I started looking into to it deeper and found some interesting stats.

Canada's population is 3 million approximately and of that 13 million live in Ontario mostly in the Greater Toronto Area. Guess where the road rage is rampant?

3 people a day die in auto accident in Ontario, one person every 6 minutes are injured. 9 billion is spent annually on the cost of collisions and every day 12 000 licenses are issued (This includes upgrades and such as well).

We have a lot of people driving on a road that was not built for this volume result slow moving traffic.

I have some more thought on this but will hold them for a later post. Is your home town seeing this and why do you think it is occurring in my opinion world wide. I think the answer to my area is the same for the entire world.

17th Sep, 2008 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Rage Road

We actually have several Posts about it:

* Road Rage Disorder Source 9

* Road Rage! Source 5

* Get Off My Bum! Source 7

17th Sep, 2008 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Rage Road

I will hit them but thought they should be here since this is a mental state. I will look harder next time

edited

I think this part is best here, how to beat road rage.

Be a defensive driver! I love the definition for this one as it applies to well to life in general.

One who drives with a genuine concern of all road users.

One who drives so as to prevent collisions from happening in spite or incorrect actions of others and adverse driving conditions.

If we are concerned about all around us then the road rager will never get t vent on you as you likely have gotten away from them.

How about you are you a rager?

Here is a quick check list.

1. Mentally condemning other drivers.

2. Verbally degrading the other driver to a passenger in your car.

3. Closing gaps so to deny some one entry to your lane because you are upset with them.

4. Giving the "evil/stink eye" to the other driver.

5. Speeding past another car or revving the motor to show you are annoyed with them.

6. prevent another driver from passing because you are upset.

7. Tailgate to pressure the other out of the way.

8. Fantasizing about harming the other driver.

(it get s worse so the meek can stop here)

9. Honk yell at the other driver.

10. making a visible obscene gesture at the other driver (We call it giving the Canadian flag thanks Trudeau).

11. Using you car to threaten the other drive ie cut them off.

12. pursue the other car because they insulted you.

13. get out and engage the other driver physically or verbally.

14. Carry a weapon to engage the other driver with.

15. Bump or ram the other driver with you car.

16. Try and run the other driver off the road as punishment.

17. Get out and batter or beat the other driver as a result of a road exchange.

18. Run some one down who has angered you.

19. Shoot at the other car.

20. Killing the other driver.

Unfriendly 1-3

Hostile 4-7

Violent 8-11

lesser Mayhem 12-16

Major mayhem 17-20

If you are getting past 3 or 4 you better be do some re-evaluations of your self and get help.

We all have nastey thought but just refute them and go back to 0.

Number 2 is real bad as you teach your children it is ok to vent this way and they will take a higher number when it is their turn at the wheel.

We teach our children every thing we know keep that in mind please.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 17th Sep, 2008 - 3:43pm

17th Sep, 2008 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Road Rage!

Yes I know that, hence the Thread was not locked. I was merely pointing out the Topics that already existed.

Rather off topic, but...
When you Search put quotes around your words. For instance do not search for: Road Rage instead Search for "Road Rage" and you will see a big difference.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Sep, 2008 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Road Rage!

malexander you are right on the money it is the stress of time management that increases this reaction. It is sad so many are so quick to temper.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2008 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Road Rage!
A Friend

Road Rage! Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I have seen some cases of road rage around here but most of the time people are easy to please as the roads are not that crowded here. If someone followed me to my work they may not like the outcome.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Road Rage!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,