Hiro the Cursed - Page 2 of 2

My name is Mei. I am the step-sister of the - Page 2 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 29th Nov, 2018 - 9:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Closed
ROK II RPG Character 714 Medieval Text Adventure
28th Nov, 2018 - 2:35am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chainedapart
(+)

Hiro the Cursed - Page 2

Let it be known that I, Hiro, have attained Level 1 and as such have grown in both ability and endurance.

Sponsored Links:
28th Nov, 2018 - 3:58am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chainedapart
(+)

Cursed Hiro

I, Hiro, have gained enough experience that I am considered to be Level 2 among my fellow men.

28th Nov, 2018 - 9:15am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chainedapart
(+)

Hiro the Cursed Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Mysterious Person at the Tavern

Okay.. I know I've been honing up several skills right now, slowly but surely, but I don't think I've really gotten myself to a point where someone would take an interest in what I've been doing. I mean, I've literally just been cleaning the market stalls and streets as they offer the most lucrative source of income in the smallest amount of time.

But this er.. Guy? Girl? I don't even know what his/her gender is. This person's tall, well, from my perspective at least, he's a good half a foot taller than me, maybe less, couldn't really tell. This person's hood is also covering up of most of his/her face, as if the mask the he/she is wearing isn't enough of a disguise. That hood though, kind of looks nice, I wish I had one, er, I mean, why is he/she even wearing one inside the tavern?

Another curious thing is his/her outfit. At first glance, he/she looks the part of a traveler, maybe a merchant of some sort, and also looks only a bit more well-off than me. At least, his/her shirt looks brand new, but that hood certainly had seen better days, as well as those boots. However, as we walked, I could see glimpses of metal underneath his/her casual wear. This person is wearing armor underneath normal clothes. I must be on guard, I thought to myself while readying up my twin daggers, I have yet to find a way to conceal them, for now, they dangle on both sides of my hip where a sword's sheathe should be.

As we sat down, I asked if this person could remove his/her mask, as I reasoned out that I couldn't really talk to, much less trust, someone who I couldn't even discern their gender, never mind their identity. Surprisingly, the person just shrugged and did as I asked, albeit for only just a brief moment. The moment was enough though.

In front of me was a good-looking guy who looks a bit older than me. His sunken, dark eyes had bags under its bags, like he wasn't really fond of sleeping much. His gaze wasn't really piercing, but there's this dull flame that seems to burn in them, like someone who had seen much of the world, and seems only something that can interest him can ignite it back up. He seems tired, maybe a bit bored, as if this thing he had with me, this meeting, was a bother to him.

He talked laxly. Like he doesn't care about anything, at all. At that point, I feel a connection, albeit weird, but I too, can't really be bothered by other mundane stuff if there's no point to doing it. He keeps telling me that there is this important person who sent him to me in order to endow me something that could help me or whatever. I am not that slow of mind, but that's the gist of what he said, well, that's from what I could understand from his bored babble. I tried asking about the identity of this source of his, and the nature of the endowment, but he either feigned ignorance, ignored me completely and babble on, drink a bit of ale, evaded the question with another weird tale, or a combination of any of those. It seems unlikely that he'll tell me what he knows, and the only choices given to me was if I wanted to or if I decline this "gift."

Before I told him my answer, I wanted to know first as to why me specifically. I told him about what I've been doing recently and all I got was a tired reply.

"We already know all of that."

A bit enraged at someone stalking me again without my knowledge and berating myself with questions about how I let this happen again, and the like, I stood up ready to leave, before asking again:

"Why me then?"

"You're not that special. We, me especially, don't really care who gets the endowment."

I sat back down, a bit flabbergasted, and asked what he meant about that. He told me that his benefactor had eyes, ears, and mouths everywhere, and anywhere. That his benefactor knows each and everyone, and so out of boredom, his benefactor made a list. The list contained names of a number of people, of different walks of life, of different paths, of different moral codes. This list was made so his benefactor could spice things up a bit, like augmenting the strength of a certain individual, granting another with magick prowess, and so on. However, it wouldn't really be fun if it wasn't random, so his benefactor took a chance and gambled.

"And my name popped up?" I asked, disrupting his explanation.

"Yes. You might be very lucky, or very unlucky. Depending on how you use this endowment to be given unto you. My benefactor is a bit cheeky, and likes to play. Will you be willing to accept my benefactor's gift and humor this game of theirs? I shall give you time to respond. I shall go to the alley behind the tavern, if you accept, then follow me there before 5 minutes are up. If you don't, then just let time slip by. Choice is yours."

He stood up, paid for our ale, well, his, since I didn't drink any, and walked out the door.

This maybe a trap, and I've already died once, but if his story is true, then there may be something that could benefit me there. If it's not, I don't even want to think about that. Wait, I might get Mei to look out for me or something, I thought to myself as I bring out the wooden bird.

I met up with the hooded stranger before the 5 minutes are up. I have made my preparations, my hands lightly gripping my dagger and the bird I've sent to Mei is also on its way to her. I'm hoping for a favorable outcome here, and if I'm unlucky, at least last long enough for Mei to come, if she actually does.

The hooded stranger then closes the distance between us slowly as I tense up a bit, yeah I still would like to have a hood like that, maybe even the mask…

28th Nov, 2018 - 9:15am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chainedapart
(+)

Page 2 Cursed Hiro

Message to Advisor

So yeah, Mei, this isn't really an end of the report or anything like that. I don't know if I had gotten stronger than I was before, but I had considerably better skills than what I had previously. But all of that's not really important.

When you read this, I will be at the alley behind the tavern where we first met. A hooded stranger wearing a weird white mask wanted to talk me into getting a "gift" from "someone." I don't think they mean me harm, but just in case, you know, they do, I would very much appreciate it if you could lurk in the shadows and help me out if things turn dire. I'll try to hold on long enough for you to get here, I trust you enough for that.

If what transpires would be the ideal scenario though, me getting the gift and not being engaged into a fight, then I would probably no longer be at the alley, and probably be in the tavern's lodging. I hope for this scenario, but for the sake of caution, please do at least, try to come here as soon as possible.

I'll wrap this up for now, as I have to make haste to the meeting place, I've no time to lose. I also hope this message comes to you in time.

28th Nov, 2018 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chainedapart
(+)

Cursed Hiro

First time in the Town

It has been quite some time since I left my home and settled in this town. I've experienced many things that were all unknown to me beforehand. I've even died once. I got myself a step-sister too, as well as some weird benefactor from the shadows.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen that man again ever since I first got here. That man from the tavern who asked a lot of questions. Maybe he was a wandering bard or something just casually going about around different towns to garner material for his stories? Pity. He could have seen my step-sister if he stayed for another month or so. Now that girl would be a nice figure to base stories on.

It took me a while, with a very timely assist from that mysterious benefactor, but I also got myself an abode. A bit sooner than I expected, I might add. I guess my luck's turning back around after being reincarnated once.

29th Nov, 2018 - 3:00am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chainedapart
(+)

Hiro the Cursed

Let it be known that I, Hiro, have attained Level 3 and as such have grown in both ability and endurance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Nov, 2018 - 3:58am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chainedapart
(+)

Hiro Cursed - Page 2

Meeting the townsfolk

I think I've been fitting well in this town, if I do say so myself. Seems like my family's so-called curse hasn't taken up root here. No one here inquires so much about my eyes, or to be quite frank, I'm just not that noticeable. Still, that is quite good, as I do prefer to be in the company of myself most of the time. The tavern have been my lodgings for quite a while before I got that "endowment" given to me. At first, I scoffed at not being granted a skill or something, but well, having gold is still a power in itself.

All hail the benefactor!

Anyway, people here in town mostly keep to themselves, which I find great. There was this one woman, one whose beauty has been sculpted and designed by the gods. This I can swear by the grave of my mother.

Lady Fluke and Stefan have been exceptionally kind to me, giving me odd jobs here and there, and I am truly grateful for that. I wonder how the people in the other towns will be like.

29th Nov, 2018 - 9:19am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chainedapart
(+)

Hiro Cursed Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 2

My name is Mei. I am the step-sister of the foolish man who had once owned this journal. Despite his efforts to improve himself, he has succumb once again to the darkness. This time, however, it was quite permanent. I have advised him to not be reckless, and I believe that he had done so. This time, fate was against him. What a time for our family's curse to show itself. If it had manifested earlier he could have mastered it, and I would have taught him how to, but in such a dire situation, fighting something out of his own league, even if the curse granted him strength, such strength is pointless when aimed nowhere.

I shall take this journal with me as I return to our father, he would be disappointed in both of us. Him, for being too free and stupid; me, for not guiding him in the right path. But still. Better him than me, I guess. That benefactor of his must have lost quite the investment, but well, life is a gamble, and Hiro was just unlucky.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Hiro the Cursed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,