Schizophrenia & Cannabis

Schizophrenia Cannabis - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 7th Nov, 2019 - 9:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mental issues tied in with marijuana use.
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2014 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Schizophrenia & Cannabis

Study Finds Genetic Links Between Schizophrenia And Cannabis Use
Biotechnology News

By Kate Kelland LONDON (Reuters) - Genes that increase the risk of a person developing schizophrenia may also increase the chance they will use cannabis, researchers said on Tuesday after studying more than 1,000 users of the drug. The results chime with previous studies linking schizophrenia and cannabis, but suggest the association may be due to common genes and might not be a causal relationship where cannabis use leads to increased schizophrenia risk. Cannabis is the most widely used illicit drug in the world, and its use is higher among people with schizophrenia than in the general population. "We know that cannabis increases the risk of schizophrenia.
Source

Sponsored Links:
25th Jun, 2014 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Cannabis and Schizophrenia

I will have to start watching myself for safety when around some people I smell the stuff on. I always had my suspicions about how good they say marijuana is.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Schizophrenia & Cannabis Health & Special Psychology

Risk of psychosis from cannabis use lower than originally thought, say scientists

Scientists have shown that the risk of developing psychosis, such as hallucinations, from cannabis use is small compared to the number of total users. Ref. Source 2a.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2017 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Cannabis consumption increases violent behavior in young people in psychiatric care. A new study on cannabis use that involved 1,136 patients (From 18 to 40 years of age) with mental illnesses who had been seen five times during the year after discharge from a psychiatric hospital demonstrates that sustained used of cannabis is associated with an increase in violent behavior in young people. Moreover, the association between persistent cannabis use and violence is stronger than that associated with alcohol or cocaine. Source 8a.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2017 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Schizophrenia & Cannabis
A Friend

While some aspects of using cannabis can be shown to help some people it has also been shown to help promote dangerous reactions in others. Knowing that this can cause violence in some it should be used wisely and if one shows signs of violence then it should be taken away and that person not allowed access to it.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2019 - 9:58am / Post ID: #

Schizophrenia & Cannabis

Does Marijuana Cause Schizophrenia? The evidence linking cannabis use to psychotic disorders is considered strong enough to warrant a public health warning. Source 8k.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Schizophrenia & Cannabis

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,