Cinco De Mayo

Cinco De Mayo - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th May, 2020 - 11:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

6th May, 2006 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Cinco De Mayo

Today is May 5th and Cinco de Mayo. Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican celebration which commemorates the battle of Puebla in 1862. Here in the US it is really another excuse to go drinking and buy a lot of Corona cerveza (beer). Do you celebrate Cinco De Mayo?

History of Cinco De Mayo

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 6th May, 2006 - 2:19am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th May, 2006 - 9:16am / Post ID: #

Cinco De Mayo
A Friend

Mayo De Cinco

I usually celebrate Cinco De Mayo, but have unfortunately had to work this year. As a result I get to hear great celebration stories while they are happening on my cell phone. My friends care so much!

6th May, 2006 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Cinco De Mayo Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

This Cinco de Mayo, my wife and I went to a local Mexican restaurant. The place was packed, but we finally got a table after about 20 minutes. We of course had to get some Corona's to celebrate, and eating authentic Mexican food is always a plus. My son got some beads to put around his neck, and he thought that was cool. All in all we had a blast.

6th May, 2006 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Mayo De Cinco

Being in Southern California, Cinco de Mayo is a big deal here ~ lots of partying, drinking, and general merriment. There was a potluck in honor of the holiday with Mexican style. Chile rellenos, spicy rice, refried beans, etc. Yum!

Rather off topic, but...
Back in my drinking days, margaritas were the choice on this holiday, along with shots of tequila. Oy veh! I'm so glad those days are over.

7th May, 2006 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Mayo De Cinco

I learned in church today that the US is the only country that celebrates Cinco de Mayo.

In Mexico, it's a remembrance of a particular battle (as we have remembrances of the Alamo, for example), but not an actual holiday such as Independence Day.

Isn't that interesting? It's pretty big business here in SoCalif for having nothing whatsoever to do with any Mexican holiday.

Post Date: 7th May, 2006 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Cinco De Mayo
A Friend

Cinco De Mayo

This year I celebrated Cinco De Mayo with my YSA group, we had authentic Mexician food, and even bashed in a pinata.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th May, 2020 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cinco De Mayo

No, it’s not Mexico's Independence Day. Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday commemorates the Mexican army's unlikely victory over the French forces of Napoleon III on May 5, 1862, at the Battle of Puebla. For Americans, it’s often a time to enjoy Mexican food and a few margaritas. But as many restaurants remain closed for dine-in amid the coronavirus pandemic, Americans might have to celebrate differently this year. Ref. USAToday.

> TOPIC: Cinco De Mayo

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,