Garath the Emissary - Page 10 of 12

A Barbarian looks strange when motionless on - Page 10 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 30th Aug, 2020 - 7:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Closed
ROK II RPG Character 1224 Medieval Text Adventure
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2020 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath the Emissary - Page 10

My Next Medieval Adventure

The man was middle aged with large eyes. All very odd. How did he get them?, He was of average build with white flowing hair. He was not someone I knew, nor had noticed previously, as I went about my business.
He called me over to speak with him. I guess my name is getting around amongst the locals now. I assume my desire to help the poor must also be starting to become known, since the task he offered me concerned doing just that.
How could I refuse?.
I have pledged to do just that, in the name of Kair my god, and also as a way to progress my desire to be the Ruler of Kings.

Sponsored Links:

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Emissary Garath

Adventure Entry

Well I had the opportunity to climb immediately. That was a real bonus. I wasn't going to pass off that opportunity to get a good look round at my surroundings, and the journey ahead, so I took it.
I am very well skilled in climbing so I shinned up the tree quickly and without the least bother. Once at an elevated position I looked out all over the scenery in all directions. I saw potential obstacles ahead but nothing that I feared, for I was on a mission for Kair.

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath the Emissary Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Adventure Entry

I destroyed the wild dog pack in a matter of a few seconds. They were no match for me. My sword swished through the still air and I sliced cleaved them with ease as they attacked. A whirling of my trusty sword and with the expert blocking via my shield was all I needed as I cut the animals to ribbons. Their blood sprayed and spurted into the air before falling and soaking the ground at my feet.
I stood and looked at the carnage I had wrought as it lay before me, and around me, but I was not going to wait here to admire my prowess in battle I needed to make further progress so I broke into a run, seeking the next challenge.

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Page 10 Emissary Garath

Adventure Entry

It seems there was no way to progress other than by crossing the wide expanse of water that confronted me far below. I could have just jumped into the clear listening depths but I decided that I'd dive albeit I had no knowledge of what might be lurking just below the surface.
Was there a shallow bottom that I might hit head first and risk paralysis, or was there some unseen aquatic creature just waiting for my entry into the depths to provide it with a large meal. I had no idea but I dived in anyway.I'd soon find out.

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Emissary Garath

The Town Guard

The town has both a guard post and a garrison yet they are irrelevant to the everyday lives of the locasl. The guards, such as they are, are totally inaccurately named as they are passive and inactive almost all the time. They seem to think that their role is to allow the people to carry on with their daily lives as each person sees fit. The honest citizen slaves away to make a crust undisturbed by the town guard in the same manner that the dishonest thieves steal also undisturbed by the guards.
The town guard even allowed the gangs to extort monies from the merchants at the market, either unwilling or unable to prevent such criminality.
The guard are a token gesture at law and order.An irrelevant symbol of order but not a deterrent to lawlessness. They are unfit for the role. They are unable to carry it, and are out and unworthy of the appointment.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2020 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath the Emissary

Message to Advisor

Well what progress I made. I took a quest which I completed killing numerous enemies as I travelled. I crossed rivers jumped from cliffs smashed obstacles and survived the conditions.
I am somewhat pleased and excited and very relieved as previously I had thought all attempts at such endeavours were bound to end in failure and death.
Wolves, wolf packs and gang leaders hold no perils for me although the Knight was really tough. I have to ask myself why a chivalrous Knight pledged to serve the cause of good would attack me who also follows the same creed. However like a lot of the things I have encountered I find it mysterious and perplexing. Nonetheless I feel strong to carry on and hope these issues will become clearer over time.
I find continuously that the people of this town are downtrodden and passive. They seem resigned to their lot and unprepared or unable or unwilling to do anything about it. They have settled maybe reluctantly maybe willingly to a pathetic excuse of a life characterised by perpetual poverty and deprivation.
Why, I have yet to fathom. I assume there is some deep underlying malaise that I am yet to discover. Somewhere, well hidden below the superficial surface of provincial normality and parochial conformity is a deeper reality. A truth, that under this veneer of ordinary, habitual, everyday living there is a cancerous evil eating away at the society.
A cancer that creates a passive acceptance of the unacceptable. A malaise so deep that it creeps up unseen on those who suffer from its affliction. The locals are like the frog progressively heated in a saucepan.Happily accepting the increasing heat without realising it will soon cause the water to boil and they will perish, never having realised that they were in any danger.
I see it my role to alert these unsuspecting and naive peasants that their fate continually stalks them and they don't even realise it. For soon I fear it will be late. The die already cast, will not be able to be recast. It is set firmly and their fate is determined despite what they do if they ever realise what is happening.
I must being these matters out into the open despite the risks. I know that whoever or whatever controls this situation will confront me but I must risk that. I must stand against such confrontation and fight for what is right even if it is in vain.
I hope and believe that with you to guide me, and Kair beside me, that I can prevail. Given the situation before me I must prevail,l for the sake of the citizenry that cannot resist without new and dynamic leadership.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2020 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath Emissary - Page 10

Worship of Kair

Oh great god Kair. The creator of all that is good, please bless me with the strength of character to calm my troubled heart.
My soul is like sailing ship lost and tossed without direction on a stormy sea. I stand unsteadily trying to steer in the direction I desire to travel. I raise the sails to set a course for salvation, yet I am not secure on my feet. I stumble and slip on the wet deck, my hands slide on the slippery rudder. My vision cannot see the way ahead, for the wind buffets me, the rain gets in my eyes, and the waves crash against my body. I can't seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly. Grant me the strength to sail on through this great storm. To ignore the thunder that roars from the black clouds above. To be unconcerned by the lightening that streaks through the sky. Clear my mind of doubt, and grant me the wisdom to find thy purpose and to glide this craft to calmer waters where lies the path that thou hast laid out for me.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2020 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath Emissary Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 10

A Barbarian looks strange when motionless on the ground.

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: Garath the Emissary

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,