Why Spanish Sucks - Page 2 of 3

I never heard anyone who thought Spanish is - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 8th Jun, 2013 - 5:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2012 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks - Page 2

Name: Thomas

Title: Spanish language

Comments: I'm not of any Latin background or not Spanish (Europe) but I've lived with Latins and Spaniards and do know that Spain Spanish is pure Castilian and Spanish from Latin America is not. When I was in college I was very lucky that my Spanish instructor was a native of Madrid, Spain, and she didn't like speaking Spanish with Latin Americans so I did learn Castilian for a short time.in my first day in class I heard her speak to another Spanish instructor from Mexico and she was constantly correcting him and he got angry.I asked her are your from Spain? she said yes, madrid, and I jumped for joy knowing I will learn Castilian.

There's is a world of difference between European Spanish (Castilian) and Latin America

Sponsored Links:
21st Nov, 2012 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Sucks Spanish Why

That's true, but is not a general rule. Different countries in Latin America speak different forms of Spanish. Some are closer to the original Castillano, some others suffer from contamination and local adaptations (Argentina is a good example). Just like English: try to be a foreigner and talk to a Dubliner, a [New Yorker] and somebody from Adelaide. You would get a headache.

Post Date: 7th May, 2013 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Name: Greg

Comments: It was forced on me in high school. I didn't want to study it but my mother made me do it and I flunked it. It [sucked] every minute I was in that class.

8th May, 2013 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Sucks Spanish Why

Spanish in the literary sense is nice but conversationally speaking, it's hard on the anglophone. We're accustomed to a much smoother sound but Spanish has much more acute vowel and consonant sounds and when they speak quickly it's so hard to follow. Otherwise, it's nice.

8th May, 2013 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

Sucks Spanish Why

Acute vowels? Spanish? That's something new to me. Maybe you can say it has a harder sound for consonants if compared to English. But the vowels have almost the same sound even if different pronounce.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2013 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks

Name: Tex

Comments: Spanish sucks because it comes from Spain. Its slow, difficult to learn, and lacks many words. Besides that, it is static non-evolving, again, blame Spain. The lack of flexibility makes the language and communication very limited and prone to misunderstandings.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Jun, 2013 - 4:54am / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks - Page 2

I never realized this terrible lack of words in the Spanish language. If you mean that, sometimes, is not possible to translate a single word directly well, that's true for any language. Often I have to use in English two or even three words to express something that in Italian is easily said with a single word and the exact opposite is also true. About being slow and difficult to learn, that probably depends on who is studying it...

8th Jun, 2013 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I never heard anyone who thought Spanish is difficult to learn. It is one of the easiest languages to learn! Perhaps the persons who complain they don't have the natural ability for languages.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why Spanish Sucks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,