Thoughts On Talk Therapy

Thoughts Talk Therapy - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 13th Jun, 2022 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2022 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Thoughts On Talk Therapy
A Friend

Thoughts On Talk Therapy

I wanted to push the boundaries against the stigma of mental health by starting up a frank discussion about talk therapy, usually portrayed in popular media as laying on a sofa and talking about your problems. I have to admit, before I started therapy, that's what I imagined. I didn't expect that just talking about the things I was facing in my life could actually affect the way I looked at the world.

When you think about the idea at a surface level, it makes sense: Talking about your problems is not the same thing as figuring out solutions to your problems. Sometimes, it can lead you to a possible solution because you're talking out loud (Like in a feedback loop), but if you already had the answer to your problem, then it wouldn't be considered a problem, right?

And yet… when I really take the time to think about how therapy has changed me, I realize that the combination of therapy (Using it to change the way I think) and making changes in my life (Doing that to change the way I feel) has really affected me. And I'm only on Month 3!

What kinds of stereotypes do you think society has about therapy and mental health?
For those of you who have experience, have you had a positive or negative experience with therapy?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2022 - 9:45am / Post ID: #

Therapy Talk Thoughts