Brethren Should Maintain Priorities

Brethren Maintain Priorities - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Sep, 2008 - 6:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2008 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine / Teachings

"As I meet with priesthood leaders, I often ask about the priorities of their various responsibilities. Usually they mention their important Church duties to which they have been called. Too few remember their responsibilities at home. Yet priesthood offices, keys, callings, and quorums are meant to exalt families. (See D&C 23:3.) Priesthood authority has been restored so that families can be sealed eternally. So brethren, your foremost priesthood duty is to nurture your marriage--to care for, respect, honor, and love your wife. Be a blessing to her and your children."

Russell M. Nelson, "Nurturing Marriage," Ensign, May 2006, 37

Sponsored Links:
5th Sep, 2008 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Priorities Maintain Brethren

Amen! Amen! Amen! I want priesthood leaders to understand this! It is not about callings and activities, it is about family first!

5th Sep, 2008 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Brethren Should Maintain Priorities Studies Doctrine Mormon

JB, even though I fully understand and agree with the quote isn't contradictory? The Church sets hundreds of meetings, activities, etc and "higher" your calling, more responsibilities, more meetings, etc. So how can one thing be expected (family a priority) but at the same time create others activities that take away that needy time from the home?

15th Sep, 2008 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

I agree with JB, amen to that. The church has so many activities, programmes and functions that it seems like they are doing their best to keep the family busy from each other, not intentionally of cource but ward council should be mindful of all they are putting on the plate of a family. I know one family where everyone has a calling that takes them away from being with their family. During the week the father is in priesthood meetings, mother in relief society meetings, the youth have a youth Sunday school party, then the young men are having something, primary activity for the 4 year olds and on and on... wow I'm dizzy just listing it all.

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2008 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have to simplify things to remember them, but I heard once that "the most important work is within your own walls." This is how I remember this principle. You are judged by the people you are most personal with and you are judged by your private times more seriously than anything else. I think it must be important to treat the ones you are closest with better than anyone else, or something like that.

15th Sep, 2008 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

This is the quote Quasar was referring to:

The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes. (Harold B. Lee)

I still don't understand. If this is the position of the Church then why do we flood priesthood holders or sisters with so many callings, activities and meetings that take them away from their families?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Sep, 2008 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Brethren Maintain Priorities

I think there are a lot of lost sheep that are coming back to the fold. There is just a whole bunch of us not doing our job so it has to get spread out.

Just keep it up, I guess. It is always the competent that pay.

Added later: I have shut my door on many home teachers (even crippled ones). That is pathetic on my part.

I now believe that these types are the backbone of the church. They just keep going and going.

It is a difficult religion to swallow and I believe that the strongest have been sent all over the world.

A lot of you can't even go to a temple, but you strive on. I can go to one, but I don't care. My luxury is someone else's dream.

Just stay strong, I think. Maybe the lord understands. Maybe he just put people where he thought they could handle things. Maybe the most devoted are the farthest away.

He is fascinating. He has more faith in us than we do in ourselves.

Just a thought.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 15th Sep, 2008 - 4:42am

15th Sep, 2008 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Brethren Maintain Priorities Mormon Doctrine Studies

Quasar, you lost me in your post, what does that have to do with Brethren maintaining priorities in families?

LDS_forever, well the Church has one idea and the people who implement it another idea. I also feel some people love being away from home. How many Members do you hear wanting to rush home to family when a social activity is taking place?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Brethren Should Maintain Priorities

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,