Knowledge of Who You Are

Knowledge Are - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Sep, 2008 - 7:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mormon History
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2008 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Knowledge of Who You Are

Knowledge of Who You Are
Mormon History Related

"Picture with me a little six-year-old orphan girl traveling across the plains of America. Her name is Elsie Ann. Her mother died when she was two. Her father remarried, and so for a time she had a stepmother. Then her father died at Winter Quarters when she was five. Her stepmother remarried and moved away, leaving this little orphan behind with Peter and Selina Robison, who were related to her stepmother. Elsie Ann left Winter Quarters with the Robisons in July of 1849 to come west. As she watched Selina care for her 10-month-old baby girl, she no doubt ached for the love of her own mother. Sometimes she would even ask, 'Where is my mother?'"My heart goes out to this little girl when I think of her facing her uncertain future with no blood relatives to comfort and help her. Elsie Ann was my great-grandmother, and only recently did we find out who her mother really was. For years we thought Elsie Ann was Jane Robison's daughter. Careful research discovered her true parentage, and after all these years Elsie Ann now has been sealed to her father, John Akerley, and her mother, Mary Moore."My grandparents have had a great influence on my life. Even though they have been dead for many years, I still feel their confirming love. One grandfather, James Akerley Faust, died before I was born. I knew him only through the stories my grandmother and my parents told about him. However, I feel a strong kinship with him because I am in part what he was. Among other things, he was a cowboy, a rancher, and a postmaster in a small town in central Utah. On one occasion Grandfather took a trip in the winter to Idaho, where he met an acquaintance who had fallen on hard times. It was cold, and Grandfather's friend had no coat. Grandfather took off his coat and gave it to him.". . . I encourage you . . . to begin to unlock the knowledge of who you really are by learning more about your forebears."

James E. Faust, "The Phenomenon That Is You," Ensign, Nov. 2003, 53

Topics: Family

Source: Church History Gems

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: Knowledge of Who You Are

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,