The Light That Is in Their Eyes

The Light Eyes - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2008 - 8:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2008 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Singles Related / LDS Single Adults

"I recently recalled a historic meeting in Jerusalem about 17 years ago. It was regarding the lease for the land on which the Brigham Young University's Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies was later built. Before this lease could be signed, President Ezra Taft Benson and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, then president of Brigham Young University, agreed with the Israeli government on behalf of the Church and the university not to proselyte in Israel. . . ."After the lease had been signed, one of our friends insightfully remarked, 'Oh, we know that you are not going to proselyte, but what are you going to do about the light that is intheir eyes?' He was referring to our students who were studying in Israel."What was that light in their eyes which was so obvious to our friend? The Lord Himself gives the answer: 'And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings' (D&C 88:11). Where did that light come from? Again the Lord gives the answer: 'I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world' (D&C 93:2). The Lord is the true light, 'and the Spirit enlighteneth every man through the world, that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit' (D&C 84:46). This light shows in our countenances as well as in our eyes."

James E. Faust, "The Light in Their Eyes," Ensign, Nov. 2005, 20

Topics: Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ

Source: Young Single Adult Gems

Sponsored Links:
8th Oct, 2008 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Eyes Their Is Light The

This is what I aspire to, to have His light emanate from me. By striving to acheive this goal everything else should fall into place. I am but an instrument for His purpose. But I am so far from the goal line and my human weaknesses hold me back.

President Faust said this:

What are we doing to keep the light shining in our own eyes and countenances? Much of that light comes from our discipline, dedication, and consecration to some important absolutes. The foremost of these absolutes is that there is a God who is the Father of our souls to whom we account for our actions. Second, that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. Third, that the great plan of happiness requires obedience to God's commandments. Fourth, that the greatest gift of God is eternal life. 

Other blessings add further to the light in our eyes. They are the gifts of the Spirit that come from the Savior. Joy, happiness, fulfillment, and peace are the gifts of the Spirit that flow from the power of the Holy Ghost.

The Gospel is so simple why do we often try to make be so hard?

> TOPIC: The Light That Is in Their Eyes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,