Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons - Page 7 of 10

From this most recent General Conference here - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Apr, 2012 - 10:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Autistic Mormons Autism - Aspergers - Special Needs - High Functioning - Low Functioning - Autism In Mormonism - Special needs Members that face challenges in the world as Members of the Church. Are Church leaders and teachers sensitive to the issues surrounding those who may need their support with understanding the special needs of those around them? Controversial Mormon Issue.
23rd Apr, 2011 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons - Page 7

Martin, thank you so much for sharing your story. It touched me deeply. Your son seemed like a real nice young man and I'm happy to know he was blessed with a good home, caring Church leaders and most of all, good friends. I hope the same for my three autistic children.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2011 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons
A Friend

Mormons and Autism LDS Autistic Autistics Mormon

Martin, I am sorry to hear of your son's death. I hope you find peace and comfort through your memories of your son. It sounds like he was incredible! I have found that my autistic children have taught me and those around us so much. It is truly a blessing. I have one son that is 9 with mild autism and my 5 year old has the Asperger's form of Autism. I have a friend from college that has Asperger's. She recently (in April) started a blog about how she uses her autism to help others. She sees her autism as a blessing. She shares on her blog her perspective of having grown up with autism and how she perceive things. Her name is Tara, and she now works with a family that has a non-verbal autistic child. Her blog has helped me learn to understand more about my children and how to help them so much! [..]

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Do not direct Members to other sites.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2011 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Study finds mom's age, health may play larger role in autism
Fraternal twins were focus of latest look at syndrome

CHICAGO - Most of the risk of autism has been blamed by experts on inherited genes. Now one of the largest studies of twins and autism shifts the focus to the womb, suggesting that the mother's age and health may play a larger role than thought. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2011 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Mormons and Autism LDS Autistic Autistics Mormon

Abortion Of Kids With Autism Doesn't See Children as Blessings

Autism Spectrum Disorder, which runs the gamut from profoundly disabled to high-functioning individuals capable of living fairly normal lives, affects millions of families: 1 out of every 1,000 births today are autistic kids.

As I have told you over the past two days, the families of these children, like my grandson Max, don't see these children as burdens but, instead, as blessings. Not because the parents are in "denial," but because they love their children, and that love has helped them to see what is really important and where human worth really lies.

Unfortunately, there are many others, unlike these parents, who believe that parents and society would be better off if kids like Max were never born.

And these days, pre-natal testing allows doctors, insurance companies, and prospective parents to determine which babies in the womb will be so-called "normal and healthy," and which will be born with handicaps. Which is why more and more of them identified with handicaps, like Down Syndrome, are being aborted.

The demonic "logic" behind targeting people with Down Syndrome can be applied to anyone with disabilities. A combination of fear, concern over the costs of caring for these kids, desires for a "perfect" child can prove irresistible. Medical technology may never enable us to "cure" things like autism, but it may enable us to identify - and target - autistic people in the womb. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2011 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Autism LDS Autistic Autistics Mormon

Special Needs: Easy to Love, Hard to Raise

Tonight, she and Bartholomew are facing each other in a circle at the Sharing Place, here for the Utah Easy to Love, Hard to Raise parent support group that Bartholomew and another mom at her kid's school, Jen Levy, started. Levy's son Hudson, 3, has autism. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2011 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons

Autistic Boy Scout earns 132 merit badges

But two things set him apart. One is that he's earned 132 merit badges - every possible Boy Scout merit badge he could earn. The other is that Nate is autistic. Nate's mother, Sandy Christensen, said that Nate tests somewhere in the middle of the autism spectrum. One wouldn't easily guess that when talking to him. Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2012 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics Autistic LDS Autism & Mormons - Page 7

1 in 47 Utah children has autism, new estimates say

The results from 2008 data, released Thursday, found autism rates jumped 157 percent in Utah from 2002 to 2008. Meanwhile, the prevalence of autism increased 78 percent nationwide over the same time period, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study. Ref. Source 3

2nd Apr, 2012 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics Autistic LDS Autism & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

From this most recent General Conference here are some related quotes:

Elder Rasband: Special Lessons

international QUOTE
"To all of you who have challenges, concerns, disappointments, and heartaches with a dear one, know this: with infinite love and everlasting compassion, God our Heavenly Father loves your afflicted one and He loves you!"

Then in quoting James Faust:

international QUOTE
"I have great appreciation for those loving parents who stoically bear and overcome their anguish and heartbreak for a child who was born with or who has developed a serious mental or physical infirmity. This anguish often continues every day, without relief, during the lifetime of the parent or the child. Not infrequently, parents are required to give superhuman nurturing care that never ceases, day or night. Many a mother's arms and heart have ached years on end, giving comfort and relieving the suffering of her special child."

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,