Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons - Page 8 of 10

A special-needs parent's tale This - Page 8 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Jan, 2014 - 1:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Autistic Mormons Autism - Aspergers - Special Needs - High Functioning - Low Functioning - Autism In Mormonism - Special needs Members that face challenges in the world as Members of the Church. Are Church leaders and teachers sensitive to the issues surrounding those who may need their support with understanding the special needs of those around them? Controversial Mormon Issue.
15th Apr, 2012 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons - Page 8

Of late when I explain to people the reason my child is acting a certain way or having a tantrum they immediately say to pray as though that is a cure all. The thing I thought would be better help is for them to lend some assistance at the moment. For instance instead of telling me to pray try to make the long line go faster, or acknowledge that I have a special needs child and don't expect me to do the impossible. This understanding will also be appreciated in the church environment and would bring fruition to all these talks from General Conference especially since I have THREE autistic children with which to survive daily.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2012 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Autism LDS Autistic Autistics Mormon

Name: CMom

Comments: Autism can break you down so much. You just want to reach out to your child but he puts up all these barriers unknowingly. Sometimes I ask god why me? Why my child can't have friends with other children his age. I've stopped asking those questions, now I just try to make the best of everyday trying to survive through it.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2012 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Autism awareness can help make meltdowns more bearable

The Fashion Place Mall location is one of the first establishments in Utah to earn the Autism AWARE status. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 12th Feb, 2013 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Mormons and Autism LDS Autistic Autistics Mormon

17 things 'The Princess Bride' taught me about autism parenting

Mostly dead is slightly alive: Even when you're too tired to breathe, you will survive to fight another day. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2013 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Autism LDS Autistic Autistics Mormon

Learn about Hannah's relationship with her autistic brother, Hyrum, and how she exemplifies Christlike love. Everyone deserves to be loved and valued, no matter how different they are from you.

26th Apr, 2013 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons

I usually don't get emotional when I watch videos but this one touched me greatly. It is so simple yet so powerful. I really loved it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2013 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics Autistic LDS Autism & Mormons - Page 8

Herriman family with 10 kids, 7 adopted with special needs

The Green family consists of Jeremy and Christianne Green and their three biological children, Taylor, Parker and Jessica; and their seven adopted children, including Graci, who has a serious heart condition and has required multiple surgeries; Xander, who has a rare disease that causes vascular malformations; Lexi, who is blind; Sophi, who was born without arms; Elli who was born blind and is severely autistic; Connor, who is also blind; and Cali, who was born with spina bifida and uses a wheelchair. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2014 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics Autistic LDS Autism & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 8

A special-needs parent's tale

This is absolutely true for my boisterous church-going family, which includes two boys in the autism spectrum who have other diagnoses as well. For us, Sundays are about as restful as a triathalon - a triathalon in Sunday-best clothes with two boys with special needs tethered to us, and a 2-year-old strapped to our backs. Ref. Source 7

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,