Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons - Page 9 of 10

More should be done to help our special needs - Page 9 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Feb, 2016 - 9:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 
Autistic Mormons Autism - Aspergers - Special Needs - High Functioning - Low Functioning - Autism In Mormonism - Special needs Members that face challenges in the world as Members of the Church. Are Church leaders and teachers sensitive to the issues surrounding those who may need their support with understanding the special needs of those around them? Controversial Mormon Issue.
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2014 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons - Page 9

Utah autism rate holds steady, is no longer nation's highest

The rate of autism spectrum disorder diagnoses in Utah is holding steady, at 2 percent. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
15th May, 2014 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Autism LDS Autistic Autistics Mormon

I have a child with a mild case of Autism. Most of the time we only stay for sacrament meeting. It is very hard to keep him quiet and reverent, there are some days better than others.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

"Let us conquer ourselves, and then go to and conquer all the evil that we see around us, as far as we possibly can. And we will do it without using violence; we will do it without interfering with the agency of men or women. We will do it by persuasion, by long-suffering, by patience, and by forgiveness and love unfeigned, by which we will win the hearts, the affections and the souls of the children of men to the truth as God has revealed it to us"
-- Joseph F. Smith, Teachings, pg. 250

19th Nov, 2014 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Mormons and Autism LDS Autistic Autistics Mormon

The best thing that will help autistic members and their caregivers is to refrain from judging them because most likely you have it all wrong. Besides that they need your help, not your judgmental eyes and comments.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2015 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Autism LDS Autistic Autistics Mormon

Name: Markus

Comments: Being Mormon and autistic is no easy task. Members of the church have so many requirements inside and outside the gospel that you feel like its an impossible task to fit in with Peter Priesthood and Molly Mormon. I have a hard time grasping the Mormon jokes because I don't see a connection between humor and sacred things like others do but that's just something I have to live with.

11th Jan, 2015 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons

Someone contacted me to say that they heard my locality was getting a new mission and it was "Awesome". I replied that a cure for autism would be "Awesome". When autism is in your life other things just don't seem to matter or just aren't as "Awesome" For you as they are for others.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th May, 2015 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics Autistic LDS Autism & Mormons - Page 9

Name: Sammy

Comments: Its hard to help some members with autism understand how the spirit works when they take everything literal and tend to have a robotic response to most things.

18th Feb, 2016 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Autistics Autistic LDS Autism & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 9

More should be done to help our special needs brothers and sisters. We were probably the ones that promised to help them when they came to this earth.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Mormon Autistics - Autistic LDS - Autism & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,