Church History in Canada

Church History Canada - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Nov, 2008 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mormon History
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Church History in Canada

Church History in Canada
Mormon History Related

"One of the great families to join the Church in Canada was that of Archibald Gardner. From his journal, we learn of the family's experience in Canada during the year 1843."Robert Gardner describes the day of their baptism: 'We went about a mile and a half into the woods to find a suitable stream. We cut a hole through ice eighteen inches thick. My brother William baptized me. . . . I was confirmed while sitting on a log beside the stream. . . . " 'I cannot describe my feelings at the time and for a long time afterwards. I felt like a little child and was very careful of what I thought or said or did lest I might offend my Father in Heaven. Reading the Scriptures and secret prayer occupied my leisure time. I kept a pocket Testament constantly with me. When something on a page impressed me supporting Mormonism, I turned down a corner. Soon I could hardly find a desired passage. I had nearly all the pages turned down. I had no trouble believing the Book of Mormon. Every time I took the book to read I had a burning testimony in my bosom of its truthfulness.' "

Thomas S. Monson, "Days Never to Be Forgotten," Ensign, Nov. 1990, 68

Topics: Book of Mormon

Source: Church History Gems

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: Church History in Canada

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,