I never had this kind of problem. Specific wap browsers, like mini browsers, don't display top or bottom bars. Some advanced versions do it but they give you the possibility to disable it in the settings (you just have to tick or untick a selection box). I don't know if this is true also for iphones and windows phones. I will make some research and come back in a few days with better informations.
New Mobile Skin Available!
It took me awhile, and lots of coding but I have a new Mobile Skin for Mobile Users. Please test it out via the Skin selection Menu at the top of any page. Select the one that says "Diaup / MOBILE".
* 100% width to fit the size of your Mobile
* All images save for Topic Thumbs, attachments and avatars have been removed
* Avatars are small and fit nicely to the side
* Even when you visit Skin dependent Boards like the World of Medieval or Future Earth you will still have the Mobile Skin enabled. Special avatars will also be shown in place of your regular Avatars
This is a work in progress so if something is needed do let me know.
I don't use my mobile much but just tested it out and it works really well almost with the same feel as if I'm viewing the full site.
Hi, I'm testing the new skin and actually looks great. I tried to use the Fast Reply feature to answer in the support thread of the Future Earth rpg's board and something went wrong: the post is there but not the name of the poster or any other detail. Trying the normal Reply here. Bruconero.
Thanks for pointing that out. I corrected the problem and tested it so it recognizes your ID now. I also corrected that last Post so it is linked to your account. Now you should be able to participate anywhere in the site without having to worry about downloading bulk or unable to navigate properly.
In the future I plan an option to have an open / close menu system so there are more options to navigate.
Mobile Inherits World of Medieval Colors
Now when you visit certain Boards and their respective Threads using the Mobile Skin it will change color and layout to match the overall Theme of that Board without sacrificing mobile compatibility. So far I have done the World of Medieval, the others will follow.
Other enhancements done:
* Attachments are at a predefined size and can be clicked to see the larger image
* Redirect pages are now mobile compliant
* Emphasis on certain titled font so its not all jumbled
* The Member's bar is now one row and more distinct
Mobile Inherits Future Earth Colors
Just added the new look to the Mobile Skin.
1. I am interested to know if Mobile Users see our block ads or if they block them. If you block them do you see a white square space in the place or is there no space found?
2. Do you disable all images by default on your mobile? Will it be helpful to have an option to not show the description of Threads which tend to contain images?