A Father Is Many Things

A Father Things - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Jun, 2010 - 2:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2008 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Father Is Many Things

A Father Is Many Things
Mormon Doctrine / Teachings

"Brethren, noble fatherhood gives us a glimpse of the divine attributes of our Father in Heaven. A father should be many things. He should magnify his priesthood and be an example of righteousness. In companionship with his wife, he should be the source of stability and strength for the whole family. He should be the protector and the provider and the champion of the members of his family. Much of his love for his children should flow from his example of love, concern, and fidelity for their mother. By his uncompromising example he should instill character into his children."

James E. Faust, Them That Honour Me I Will Honour, Ensign, May 2001, 46

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2008 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Things Many Father A

Definitely an outline to be... somethings to work towards and become or perfect.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2008 - 8:12am / Post ID: #

A Father Is Many Things
A Friend

A Father Is Many Things Studies Doctrine Mormon

Isn't it wonderful to see a glimpse into what our Father in Heaven is like? It is so important to remember his most important role, in my opinion, that of Father. It is overwhelming but also phenomenal to know that we can develop attributes like His and one day become like Him. In my case, not in fatherhood, but motherhood. I am also, however, striving to develop attributes that our Father in Heaven has, after all, I am His daughter. I must have got some of His traits. I am so thankful that I was blessed with such fantastic men who are fathers in my life--my father, my father-in-law, and of course, my husband. I know they are striving to become like our Father in Heaven. They live Christ like lives on a daily basis.

19th Jun, 2010 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Things Many Father A

international QUOTE
He should be the protector and the provider and the champion of the members of his family. Much of his love for his children should flow from his example of love, concern, and fidelity for their mother.

This is the kind of thing I will like to see emphasized in Church. At times I listen to all the announcements, meetings and activities of what Members should be doing outside of the home and I have to wonder if they are trying to build this or make it more difficult to accomplish.

> TOPIC: A Father Is Many Things

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,