Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy - Page 4 of 5

Name: Chris Country: Title: Polygamy Comments: - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th May, 2012 - 8:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Mormon Polygamy Mormon polygamy - Note that the depth of this Topic is covered more in other Threads within this Board such as In that day seven women shall.... Originially this Thread was to help Non-LDS undertsand the concept without going into depth about the theories associated with Mormon Polygamy.
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2012 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy - Page 4

Mormons Think Polygamy Morally Wrong?

The polygamy punch line is a familiar one when it comes to poking fun at Mormons - as though Mormons and polygamy are synonymous in mainstream media. Ironically, the practice that's most linked to Mormons is a practice most Mormons oppose, according to a groundbreaking new study of Mormons in America released Thursday by the Pew Research Center's Forum on Religion and Public Life. Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
6th May, 2012 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Mormon Wives Many Mormons

The LDS church and all separated groups can be grouped as Mormons simply because they all accept the same scriptures or standard works as they call the set of scriptures. So you have for example organizations such as the LDS church, the Kingstons, the AUB, TLC, FLDS, Etc etc. All of them can be classified as Mormons but not all are LDS or AUB. It is like all of us in the USA are Americans but not all of us are Nevadans or Utahans , or colorado.s ? Or, or.

6th May, 2012 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy Studies Doctrine Mormon

That's why the term "Mormon" was put down by prior prophets but now it is in the main stream media so they're stuck with it. But I don't agree they all accept the same standard works... Because there are big changes for instance between FLDS and us. Plus one actually practices plural marriage and we don't.

6th May, 2012 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Polygamy Mormon Wives Many Mormons

Hi Graced, Are you stating that any of these organizations do not accept the following scriptures known as the standard works?
The bible/Doctrine & Covenants/Pearl of Great PRice/ Book of Mormon
Although I have acquaintances in the Flds I am of the understanding that they accept the same scriptures. They might have additional books but they share at least these standard works with us.

I agree that there are differences but my only point was to clarify the term Mormons. If I may say this: the term Christians is an umbrella for over a thousand churches many having significant doctrinal differences but they all accept the Lord Jesus Christ among other things.

6th May, 2012 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Mormon Wives Many Mormons

Just because you call yourself something doesn't mean that's what you are. Doesn't the scriptures say many will say "Lord, Lord..." but that doesn't mean they get in if you get what I'm saying.

Post Date: 7th May, 2012 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy

Name: DK

Comments: So Mormons have many wives or is it a myth, which one is it because all this Mormon talk is confusing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th May, 2012 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Many Wives Mormon Polygamy - Page 4

Graced: I agree, just because you call yourself LDS does not necessarily mean you truly are LDS. After all, Joseph Smith, our dispensation head practiced plural marriage. And whether the 1890 really was a revelation is another topic. Was it not interesting that during the Smoot hearings the prophet testifying under oath acknowledged to live plural marriage and that was after the church membership had accepted the manifesto?

DK: Well, LDS Mormons do not accept plural marriage. meaning legally married to more than one wife.
Other unrelated to the LDS faith Mormon organizations do live plural marriage.

I do not want to confuse you, but actually in the LDS church you can be sealed to more that one living wife. But that is outside the scope here.

Reconcile Edited: Robert9876 on 7th May, 2012 - 3:25pm

Post Date: 8th May, 2012 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Many Wives Mormon Polygamy Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

Name: Chris

Title: Polygamy

Comments: Polygamy is essential for salvation, according to Lds doctrine.

international QUOTE
"...men cannot even be called the sons of God without entering into polygamy..."

Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses.

D&C132 plainly states it is the new and everlasting covenant, and whosoever does not abide, will be damned, and destroyed. The church whitewashes this, and paints a picture of monogamy, never speaks about JS or BY extra wives as if they are insignificant or as if they did not practice polygamy. But Polygamy is the way to be exhalted as a god, according to LDS scripture and teachings of early prophets.

Source 1: D&C, Journal of Discourses

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,