Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy - Page 5 of 5

I chose the LDS Church over polygamy At 16 - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Dec, 2015 - 12:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Mormon Polygamy Mormon polygamy - Note that the depth of this Topic is covered more in other Threads within this Board such as In that day seven women shall.... Originially this Thread was to help Non-LDS undertsand the concept without going into depth about the theories associated with Mormon Polygamy.
8th May, 2012 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy - Page 5

Part of the problem or confusion lies with the LDS church. It seems that they are lead by public surveys. In order to distance themselves from the polygamous organizations, they first tried the name LDS and instructed everybody not to use the term Mormon ever. Then a new study reveals that the public did not distinguish anything between LDS or Mormon. As a result the LDS church and it's members are now encouraged to use the term Mormon and these other guys are non-Mormons. So the public gets even more confused. As a result I try to counter the PR department's efforts by telling people that I am a Mormon and yes we practice polygamy. I used to say, I am a Mormon fundamentalist but not anymore. So yes we Mormons have many wives. Always have and always will.

Sponsored Links:
8th May, 2012 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Mormon Wives Many Mormons

international QUOTE
So yes we Mormons have many wives. Always have and always will.

This Topic seems to be getting sidetracked and such statements just further confuse the onlooker.

1. We have MANY in depth Threads about the inner workings and history of Plural Marriage BUT that is ONLY Discussed in the LDS Mature Board for the same reason of what this Thread is encountering - views from FLDS, non-LDS and even anti-LDS.

2. This Thread was originally meant to answer simple questions about the LDS Church's position on Plural Marriage for a non-Member and although I cannot refute what many have said because Plural marriage was never 'simple' I also think it will 'spoil' point 1 above.

3. We DO have specific Threads for FLDS and other similar organizations, they are had in the General Religious Board where any in depth pursuance of Polygamy according to FLDS standards / policy can be pursued.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2012 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy Studies Doctrine Mormon

Mormonism: A Peek Inside Temple, Rituals and Family Life

When it comes to polygamy -- an aspect of the faith that has sometimes drawn public focus -- Mormons remind outsiders that the practice was outlawed more than a century ago. And Mormons say both men and women wear special undergarments daily as a tangible representation of their faith, much as some Jews wear yarmulkes. Ref. Source 2

Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy
Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy (Hover)

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2013 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Polygamy Mormon Wives Many Mormons

Federal judge overturns part of Utah's law against polygamy

A federal judge has overturned part of Utah's law against polygamy in a case raised by polygamous Brown family. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2014 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Mormon Wives Many Mormons

Three weeks ago, the Church completed a series on the topic of plural marriage (Polygamy), which has recently been the subject of a large number of media stories. Below is additional context for those essays.

Much of what you'll find in the essays on polygamy has been published in diverse sources and known among long-term and well-read members, historians and Church leaders for many years. The Church has now gathered this information into a single location as a convenient means of placing these resources in the hands of all members. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2015 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy

I chose the LDS Church over polygamy

At 16 years old, I started college in Cedar City, Utah. I moved in with LDS roommates who all knew of my background [Growing up in a polygamous community]. At the time, I still attended a branch of the AUB. But despite this, and to my surprise, I was invited to attend LDS seminary, weekly singles activities and Sunday night firesides. I was even asked to be the president of an institute class. Never once after telling someone about my family or beliefs was I asked to denounce them. Ref. Source 4t

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Mormons Having Many Wives - Mormon Polygamy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,