National Defense Authorization Act - Page 2 of 3

I am ready for those who come to my door to - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Dec, 2008 - 2:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
USA 20,000 Troops To Deploy...in America? Why?
4th Dec, 2008 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

National Defense Authorization Act - Page 2

That is true Daria but the question is what are they expecting to start preparing now for?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Dec, 2008 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

National Defense Authorization Act
A Friend

Act Authorization Defense National

Well I know that at least in Canada alot of people are worried about radical groups coming out to take action.

4th Dec, 2008 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

National Defense Authorization Act History & Civil Business Politics

The Second Great Depression. How about people going on the streets and protesting or looting or maybe a terrorist attack that leaves people confused and wondering who's in charge. With a strong military presence you can enforce law without question. No more Katrina occurrences ever again.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

4th Dec, 2008 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Act Authorization Defense National

I was just discussing that exact idea with a friend. I really think the US is expecting a severe depression and riots would not be a shock. Also would explain the holding pens that are being looked at in other threads here. You riot we stick you in a holding pen and starve you for a bit. It might very ugly fast, crossing border guards could be very busy as people exit as well.

Worst part is if it is a black riot that breaks and they get penned up it will excite even more riots and military action. That idea of a cabin in the mountains is sounding better all the time.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 4th Dec, 2008 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Act Authorization Defense National

I think I might have to go out and buy more ammo. I know if the military tries to take over my town I will fight them.

If there are riots and people penned up I am sure that it is only going to lead to worse things. Like I said in a earlier post. America will not look the same afterwards.

4th Dec, 2008 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Actually, martial law is generally imposed by the National Guard, not the military. From Wikipedia:

In United States law, martial law is limited by several court decisions that were handed down between the American Civil War and World War II. In 1878, Congress passed the Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids military involvement in domestic law enforcement without congressional approval.

However, as Vincenzo pointed out previously, there have been executive orders and Acts by the US Government to overrule Posse Comitatus. From the same source:
The Military Commissions Act of 2006 possibly rescinds these limits by suspending habeas corpus, but the law is not clear on whether it applies to U.S. Citizens. Since, USNORTHCOM [6] has increased its direct involvement with civilian administration.

Something bad is already happening, it's just not being reported by the mainstream media. So most people don't think of how bad it really is economically in the US. The whole "rescue" of the banks, insurance, and now possibly the auto industry is really a BAILOUT with taxpayer money to support the excessively rich. If people ever wake up to the fact that they are being steamrollered, and that the few are making it big at the expense of the many, perhaps the many will revolt. It's not about "radical groups," it's about regular people who get fed up with the status quo.

Yes, it's going to get ugly. Military deployed for domestic security? That's what Hitler did, and no one stopped him.

It's not about protecting US citizens from terrorist attacks -- they *can't possibly* protect us. It's about keeping us in line when the house of cards falls.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 4th Dec, 2008 - 9:41pm

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Dec, 2008 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

National Defense Authorization Act - Page 2

I agree farseer the military and such only enforce the law they can not protect you, nor is that their purpose. I am unsure if blaming the government for readying is incorrect or not.

I do think of it this way a bit left field perhaps. If the citizens are decent and law obeying the country can weather any storm. If the peoples are greedy and self centered you will end with big issues of the hungry stealing from all who they can.

I have often talked to my dad about the hard times he seen when a child on the farm. He said non took from another as they knew all where hardship. My grandfather had bees and got extra sugar rations because of it. They did not sell the sugar they shared to that the most amount of food could be preserved for the winter and the bees were fed back the old honey.

I fear to day that this would not occur. Instead people would try at gun point to take the sugar. At my grandfathers home that would have got you a load of buckshot. They were very good shots and not scared to do it.

If a hungry man showed up at the door they were not refused but they did do work to earn it. It kept the riff raff moving as they would refuse to work for food.

Today they would come armed and demand all you had.

So is the government out of line I ponder. My gut says yes and watch out for the next hitler as I have often felt the States is only one step away from becoming akin to this.

I hate being pessimistic.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2008 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

National Defense Authorization Act Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I am ready for those who come to my door to take my food away. I am well armed and any who try to take by force will be met with more force. I am a easy going guy who will help people to a point.

I have a feeling that the media is keeping this all hush hush because the government is making them. We all know that some of what our government does never makes the news because they simply tell the newspapers and news agencies what they can or can not publish.

I think as the economy worsens more and more people are going to wake up to the fact that all this bail out stuff is just for the rich. When this happened they will already have the military there to keep the peace. Then it is just a small step to a dictatorship.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: National Defense Authorization Act

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,