Hunger Of The Wolf - Page 10 of 13

QUOTE 101 You charge your horse through the - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Feb, 2009 - 8:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 13 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Forum RPG
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2009 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Of The Wolf
A Friend

Hunger Of The Wolf - Page 10

I say the minstrel has the right of things and they are in the wood. I say "To the trees! To the trees!"

Sponsored Links:
12th Feb, 2009 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Wolf The Hunger

You find a thin trail snaking through the woods and notice several footprints along it: many people have been here recently. Following the trail through the dark trees, you eventually emerge into a clearing where you behold a truly gruesome sight. Hanging by his neck on a rope tied to a solitary oak in the centre of the clearing is a man in the garb or a minstrel. He looks like he has been dead for about a day and you are just about to cut him down, when you hear a shout from the trees. Two brawny orcs emerge into the clearing, swinging wickedly serrated swords over their heads. You may fight them one at a time.

FIRST ORC Skill:7 Stamina:5
SECOND ORC Skill:6 Stamina:6

If you win, turn to 283.

Orc 1 skill7 stam 5 orc 2 skill 6 stam 6 us attck 12 stam 22
attk attk
12 3 16 17 22
15 1 12 15 22
9 dead 18 22 22
11 4 14 22
17 2 23 22
12 dead 16 22

You have decided you have wasted enough time in this clearing, when you hear a voice crying out for you to wait. You turn round to see the head of the dead minstrel raised and his eyes staring right at you! You draw your sword, wondering what black magic has enabled the dead to speak. The minstrel, unfazed by your sword, begins to speak in a chilling whisper:

"In life I was known as Gerhardt. I was an accomplished lute player and was respected by men and admired by women. I had arranged to meet one such woman in these woods. But as I was waiting for her, I heard approaching voices and hid in the bushes. A group of men and a group of orcs met in the clearing and the orcs agreed to aid the men in a battle. They will hide their forces until after the first assault and then attack. I was still hiding when I got an uncontrollable urge to sneeze. I couldn't stop myself and I was discovered and grabbed by many orcs who left me as you see me now. Please, noble warrior, give me a proper burial."

You nod and the minstrel's corpse grows quiet and still once more. You cut him down and bury him with reverence in the clearing.

Before you leave, you search the orc corpses and find enough food for two provisions and you may take one of the swords if you need one. Record the codeword 'ambush' before turning to 37.

*records ambush adds two rations pockets sword*

The sky grows darker and the moon is covered by clouds and can shed little light. Realizing it is too dangerous to travel an unknown road in pitch darkness, you decide to make camp. You dismount and tether your horse to a nearby tree stump before lighting a fire. You then settle down into a deep sleep . . .

. . . You see a cross on a hill. A man is pinned to it and is looking down at you pleadingly. You rush forward to help, but find your way barred by a monstrous wolf. You tussle with the beast and eventually throw it to one side and make your way closer to the cross. You are just about to cut the cross down with your sword when you look up at the face gazing down at you and realize it is Saul's. You re-sheathe your sword and make your way back to the wolf and rub his nose. He licks your hand happily and then you both walk away towards a swamp, leaving Saul to his fate . . .

. . . You awaken confused by your dream. Perhaps a civilized person would make more of it, but you shrug it off and focus on the task at hand. The sun has risen and you rise to your feet. You may restore up to 2 lost Stamina points for your rest. You then untie your horse and mount it again, eager to be on the road once more. Turn to 317.

Several hours of riding later you come across the ruins of Shakista, the old capital of Klarash, before the death of King Orien and the formation of the Ximoran Protectorate that resulted from his death. The formerly majestic city has little of its original splendour left. Few buildings remain, most have either fallen into rubble of have caved in. Fallen stone pillars litter the cobbled streets. The King's Highway continues through the ruins and crosses the Catsblood River via a stone bridge. It is at this bridge you gaze upon the sight you were looking for: the rear guard of Saul's army.

There are about forty of them in all and none are paying much attention to the road and so have not seen you yet. You decide not to tempt fate however and urge your horse behind a crumbling stone wall. In order to get to Ximoran you must cross the river somehow. If you do not wish to risk taking on the vanguard, you could head west into the wilderness and look for a suitable place to ford the river downstream. Otherwise, there are a few options open to you. The first is that you try to charge through them - a risky venture for certain and not even worth contemplating if you do not have a sword. If you have a longbow, you could try firing a few shots at them, hoping that when they scatter for cover leaving a clear a way to the bridge. There is also the possibility that these soldiers may still be loyal to you, in which case it might be worth riding up to them and greeting them. Will you:
Head west and try to cross downstream?    Turn to 210.
Charge into them (providing you have a sword)?    Turn to 380.
Try to pick a few of them off with your longbow (if you have one)?      Turn to 169.
Ride up to them and hail them?      Turn to 8.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 12th Feb, 2009 - 4:59pm

Post Date: 12th Feb, 2009 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Of The Wolf
A Friend

Hunger Of The Wolf Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Head west and try to cross else where. We already know that he put to death those who were loyal to us. We do not have a bow so the option that best suits us it to head west.

18th Feb, 2009 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Wolf The Hunger

Yes we do have the bow we bought in the market in hope to participate in the game earlier. I came with unlimited arrows to boot. I do not think either that all those who are loyal to us are dead. Rember the guy at the bar.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2009 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Of The Wolf
A Friend

Wolf The Hunger

We can try picking a few of them off if that is your wish. I do not think riding up is going to do us a lot of good. I would put a save spot here so we may try the different scenarios.

18th Feb, 2009 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Of The Wolf

That we shall do. After all we can chose our own book marks. *notches the bow*

Still astride your horse, you loose an arrow and send it flying into the neck of a soldier. The camp is suddenly chaotic as dozing soldiers leap to their feet in panic. You send three more arrows screaming into the throng and watch as the soldiers scatter away from the road to take cover in Shakista's ruined buildings. You quickly urge your horse along the road and are across the bridge before the bewildered soldiers know what is happening. They shake their fists futilely as you gallop along the highway south-westwards. Turn to 395.

You continue to follow the road south-west. There is a whiff of burning in the air and you see smoke billowing into the sky in the distance. You urge your horse onwards to investigate.

Soon you see the source of the smoke - a small timber village off the roadside is on fire and you hear the terrified screams of the people inside. If you wish to ride into the village and offer what aid you can, turn to 101. If you wish to hurry on to Ximoran, turn to 250.

I do not think they like us much now. So do we go see if we can help or ride on?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2009 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Of The Wolf
A Friend

Hunger The Wolf - Page 10

We can not let people burn alive. Lets go help them. Maybe we can gain a ally or three.

18th Feb, 2009 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Hunger The Wolf D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

You charge your horse through the open gates of the village and observe the pandemonium around you. Several houses are on fire and those which are not soon will be. People flock to and fro in panic. Some of the quicker witted individuals have started a bucket chain going in an effort to put out the raging fires, but it is having little effect. To your left, a mother is crying for her baby who is still trapped inside a burning house, while to your right, you hear the surprising sound of merry laughter. If you wish to aid the distressed mother, turn to 301. If you would rather investigate the raucous laughter, turn to 218.

Rescue ma ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Hunger Of The Wolf

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.