Hunger Of The Wolf - Page 12 of 13

We roll a 6 QUOTE 53 An orc riding on the - Page 12 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Feb, 2009 - 9:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 13 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 
Forum RPG
Post Date: 26th Feb, 2009 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Of The Wolf
A Friend

Hunger Of The Wolf - Page 12

I say lets get a good night of sleep to better be ready for tomorrow. Unless we can get some armour dirt cheap. Which I doubt in times of war.

Sponsored Links:
26th Feb, 2009 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Wolf The Hunger

Sorry I always forget about this one and remember it when I ned forum points rolleyes.gif lets sleep then.

26th Feb, 2009 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Of The Wolf Archive Pathfinder / D&D

No problem Play by post. So nappy time it is.

You walk along the many narrow streets looking for an inn. All you pass appear to be full, filled to the brim with visitors to the city who are now trapped by the besieging army.

While you are searching, you hear whispered voices coming from an alley to your right. Test your Luck. If you are Lucky, turn to 277. If you are Unlucky, turn to 324.

*rolled 8 our luck is 8 so we get lucky.*

Listening closely to the voices, you hear one of them asking how much he is being paid while another assures him he will be well rewarded if he opens the gates as agreed. They are plotting to open the city gates so the attacking army can pour into the city! Without wasting a moment, you draw your sword and charge down the alley towards them. One is a dwarf and the other is a man wearing the armour of the Ximoran infantry. They look surprised to see you and draw their weapons. In this narrow alleyway you can fight them one at a time.

SOLDIER Skill:8 Stamina:5
DWARF Skill:7 Stamina:7

If you win, turn to 393.

Soldier roll stam Us roll Stam
11 3 20 14
11 1 15 14
14 dead 19 14
Dwarf 16 5 20 14
12 3 18 14
16 3 15 12
12 1 15 12
11 DEAD 17 12

wE NEED TO HEAL ... If we sleep any left out hp we cna eat soem provisions to get rest.

A quick search of their bodies reveals three gold pieces in the dwarf's pocket. You may have saved the city from an easy defeat. Restore 1 Luck point and record the codeword 'safe' on your adventure sheet. Whistling merrily, you continue your hunt for an inn. Turn to 324.

At last you find an inn which does not have a "full" sign on the window. It is an upmarket establishment called "The Gilded Fox" and will doubtless be very expensive.

You enter  the foyer and are greeted by a man with a pencil-thin moustache and a haughty expression. When you ask him how much to stay for one night you start at his reply: ten gold pieces! If you can and wish to pay this extreme price, turn to 257. If you cannot or will not pay that much, you take your leave of the place. Turn to 91.

So do we pay we have 16 now that dwarf was so kind.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2009 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Of The Wolf
A Friend

Page 12 Wolf The Hunger

Pay the man the 10 so we can get a good meal and a good bed. In the morning we should be well rested.

26th Feb, 2009 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Wolf The Hunger

You are given a large meal of roast duck which you devour greedily (restore up to 4 lost Stamina points). When you have finished your meal, you are about to stand up and go to bed when a gaudily dressed figure sits next to you.

"I say," he remarks in a voice gushing with enthusiasm, "a barbarian! How quaint. My name is Lord Lysandros by the way. Doubtless you've heard of me. I'm sure you savages delight yourselves with tales of my illustrious deeds. Let me assure you - I am equal to the legend. Why, I remember this one time Gravy - that's my little nickname for Lord Gravesdane; a capital fellow, if not quite as glorious an individual as myself. But then, who is? Anyway, where was I? Ah yes, Gravy and I were hunting a wild boar - vicious little things, don't you know - and Gravy fell off his horse and broke his leg. It looked shocking. A man of weaker constitution than myself would surely have fainted at the sight of it. Anyway, he wasn't able to ride his horse back to his castle and he needed help. With great generosity, I commanded my serf Kubhla - a huge man from Kazan, nearly as barbaric as yourself - to carry Gravy home. Gravy's father heralded me as a hero! But all this talk is making me thirsty. Would you care for a drink, my barbaric chum? I doubt they sell mead in the skulls of defeated enemies as you're no doubt accustomed to, but I've heard they do an excellent red wine."

If you wish to accept this offer of a drink, turn to 349. If you would rather excuse yourself and stagger off to bed, turn to 278.

Stam returns to 16.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2009 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Hunger Of The Wolf
A Friend

Hunger Of The Wolf

Who needs rest right now. As long as he is the one buying the wine I will help him drink it. Lets stay for a bit.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Feb, 2009 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Hunger The Wolf - Page 12

The red wine you are proffered in no way recompenses you for having to put up with this tedious fop. He talks on and on about his various "ripping" adventures and repeatedly refers to you as an "ignorant savage". Apparently he is the cousin of Feilicia Drinlass, one of the members of the Council of Seven. He was paying "Felly", as he calls her, a visit, when the army showed up and left him trapped in the city and forced to stay in a "hovel" like this. Every time you try to excuse yourself, he interrupts you with some mind-numbing anecdote. Finally you can take no more and you smash your fist into his jaw, sending him tumbling out of his seat and landing on the floor unconscious. You walk past the stunned patrons of the inn and stagger up to your bedchamber exhausted.

You climb into bed, but get very little sleep before the cock crows, signifying morning. Deduct 1 Stamina point before turning to 225.

Well so much for getting anything of worth.

You hurry from your sleeping quarters, eager to join the squadron you have been assigned to. If you have the codeword 'sword', turn to 75. If you have the codeword 'shoot', turn to 352.

*we some rations we need to heal. 4 per ration we are down t stam so eat two and regain full strength leaving 8 rations.*

You join up with the rest of Unicorn Squadron by the city gates. The overweight commanding officer does a quick roll call to see everyone is here.

"Right," he says afterwards. "Unicorn Squadron is the principal infantry group. If the enemy manages to get into the city, it is us they're going to come against first. We also may advance out into the field if the battle is going well."

You all ready your weapons in anticipation. You can hear the movement of large groups outside the gates and your body tingles knowing that the enemy is so near.

Suddenly you hear several angry squawks above you. If you have the codeword 'arrow', turn to 178. Otherwise, turn to 265.
we have arrow

A vicious squad of birdmen fly over the wall. They let fly with barbed arrows and throw bags of exploding powder at the city's defenders. The extra archers put on the battlements on your advice mean that these flying menaces are fought off relatively easily however and they soon take to the skies in flight. Turn to 292.

No sooner have the birdmen fled than you hear a great deal of action outside the walls. Grappling hooks are thrown over the ramparts and siege ladders placed up against the walls: the enemy soldiers have used the distraction of the birdmen to approach the city walls! The archers do their best to shoot them down before they can pull themselves up, but you stand ready in the off-chance that any find their way down to you. If you have the codeword 'safe' recorded on your adventure sheet, turn to 66. If not, turn to 163.

*we have safe*

The archers rain their arrows down upon the attackers and any who do manage to climb onto the battlements are soon hacked to pieces. The assaulting force backs away from the walls. Your commanding officer gives the signal for the gates to be opened so you can charge into the attackers. You steel yourselves as the heavy wooden gates swing open. If you have the codeword 'thrust' recorded on your adventure sheet, turn to 381. If not, turn to 296.

*no Thrust*

Your squadron ventures forth on to the battlefield, but does not move far enough away from the open gates as to leave them exposed. You manage to cause some damage to the enemy, but do not succeed in driving them off. Your commanding officer gives the signal to return inside the walls and the great gates are closed behind you.

Suddenly, there is a cry from a soldier on the battlements. A group or orcs that had been hiding in the nearby woods have joined forces with the attacking horde. Their combined forces will not be easy to beat. Record the codeword 'strong' on your adventure sheet before turning to 61.

The orcs bring forth a great battering ram and send it smashing into the gates repeatedly. The archers on the battlements rain down arrows upon the orcs manning the ram, but the orcs are keeping them distracted by letting loose with boulders and flaming pitch fired from siege catapults. If you have the codeword 'arrow' recorded and do not have the codeword 'strong', turn to 126. If you do not have the codeword 'arrow' or you do have the codeword 'strong' recorded, turn to 189.

The archers make a valiant attempt, but there just aren't enough of them to destroy the ram and scatter those manning it - whenever one falls, another quickly takes his place. The gate creak and groan and then split open, allowing the orcs inside the city. You draw your sword as three orcs surround you. Fight all three at the same time.

FIRST ORC Skill:8 Stamina:5
SECOND ORC Skill:9 Stamina:4
THIRD ORC Skill:7 Stamina:6

If you win, turn to 193.

orc orc orc
1 2 3 us
8 5 9 4 7 6 12 22
12 3 15 17 21
14 1 17 16 19
16 dead 13 14 17
17 18 14 4 18
16 18 16 2 19
14 13 13 dead 15
18 17 20
17 2 19 20
15 dead 16 20

No sooner have you bested your adversaries than you turn to face your new foe: an orc chieftain wielding a mighty two-handed warhammer which he is smashing into the city's defenders with great enthusiasm. Your body quivers with the rush of adrenalin as you charge towards this fearsome opponent.

ORC CHIEFTAIN Skill:9 Stamina:11

If you win, turn to 325.

orc Us
chief
15 9 21 20
17 7 19 20
18 7 17 18
17 5 18 18
15 3 19 18
15 3 15 18
13 1 17 18
18 dead 19

The orcs' morale crumbles at the loss of their chieftain. Many are cut down easily by the city's defenders and many more flee out of the city. The city gates are heaved shut after them with a resounding thud. Turn to 341.

As you use this slight respite in the battle to help the wounded, Askalo Belgar, general of Ximoran's armies, rides up to speak with your commanding officer. You cannot resist taking this opportunity to give your advice.

"General," you bellow. 'You should strike now while they're trying to regroup. If we wait in the city, they'll destroy us with their siege weapons.

Askalo looks downwards in utter outrage that you would give advice to one his status, but his features soften as he thinks over what you've just said.

"You are right barbarian," he says. "You shall join us for this final charge."

You are provided with a horse and find yourself at the head of a column of cavalry. The city gates swing slowly open . . . Turn to 388.
"Charge!" yells Askalo.

As one, the cavalry move forward out of the city, thundering towards Saul's army. They are dismayed to see the city's defenders taking the fight to them and scramble around in a panic. The cavalry meet with the enemy with the clash of arms. You break free of the front line, cutting down all those in your way in your eagerness to find Saul. Roll a die. If you roll:
1-2          Turn to 179.
3-4          Turn to 124.
5-6          Turn to 53.

26th Feb, 2009 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Hunger The Wolf D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 12

We roll a 6

An orc riding on the back of a monstrous wolf strides across the already bloody battlefield towards you. He swings a mighty battle-axe through the air as he closes on you to do battle.

ORC Skill:9 Stamina:6

If you win, turn to 306.

orc Us

13 4 20 18
18 4 16 16
17 2 21 16
15 dead 21 16

The wolf the orc is riding suddenly rears up and throws its rider off. You quickly put the orc to death while the wolf runs off into the distance. Gain 1 Luck point and turn to 33.

All around you is carnage. To your left, a small group of horsemen have been surrounded by spearmen and, although they are putting up a valiant effort, they are outnumbered and are fighting a losing battle. A group of orcs and men is fighting a desperate battle with some Ximoran knights to your right. All around is the crunch of steel on steel and the cries of the wounded.

But it is the sight ahead of you that takes up all your attention: Saul and Askalo Belgar stand locked in mortal combat. Askalo swings his sword with strength and precision, but he is outclassed by his opponent. Saul parries every one of Askalo's blows with his double-headed battle-axe. He then gives an almighty swing and shatters Askalo's sword and sends the poor general off his feet and onto his back. Saul raises his axe high above his head, intent on finishing off his foe. His long grey hair is flying madly in the breeze and there is a look of feral delight in his slanted yellow eyes. You charge towards them, but before you can get near, an arrow slams into your horse's neck and it topples backwards just as Saul's axe comes down with a sickening crunch. You push your horse's corpse off you and stride towards Saul, your sword naked and ready to feast on the betrayer's blood.

On seeing you, he starts to laugh. "So the general has returned from the dead," he mocks.

"Saul!" you bark, 'I will have your head for your treachery and I shall take my army back!"

You charge towards him and he raises his axe, a look of sheer malevolence in his eyes.

SAUL Skill:10 Stamina:14

If you win, turn to 60.

Saul Us

16 12 21 16
17 10 19 16
22 10 16 14
15 8 20 14
18 6 21 14
18 6 18 14
12 4 19 14
20 4 19 12
19 2 24
15 dead 16

Your last blow knocks the traitor's head from his shoulders. You step back and gaze at his corpse, the taste of revenge sweet indeed. But what is this? The body begins to jerk violently, its armour falling away. The body twists and turns and sprouts grey hair everywhere. The arms turn to short lean legs and a tail springs out of the backside. Before you is the headless body of a wolf. Turning to look at Saul's head, you see that of a wolf, its yellow eyes staring wildly at nothing.

"What sorcery is this?!" you cry, but before you can say any more, you clutch desperately at your throat as it wells up with pain. You drop to your knees, choking in agony, your coughs and splutters getting louder and hoarser until they sound more like barks. You whole body tingles and you gaze in horror as grey hairs sprout all over your body. Your skull aches as portions of it expand while others contract. You howl in mind melting pain as your chest closes inwards and your arms and legs crack into a new shape, your elbows and knees inverting with a wrenching of bone. You crawl out of your torn clothing and collapse on your side, panting heavily. Stunned faces of nearby soldiers stare in amazement at you: for once where there stood a human being, there is now the body of a wolf! You black out . . . Turn to 108.

You awake to find yourself in a cramped cell. You are lying on a bed of straw and ahead of you is a door of steel bars. All around you are unfamiliar smells. Your sensitive nose takes them in and they seem oddly pleasant. You rack your brain in an attempt to remember how you got here and your mind starts to panic. You feel different somehow, but you have no idea why. Your cage door opens and a bearded face peers in. He looks familiar, but you cannot place him. You snarl at him as a reflex, but in a way you feel like you can trust him.

Cross off all the equipment on your adventure sheet. Change your Current and Initial Skill score to 10 and your Current and Initial Stamina to 14. You must use these new totals for the rest of the adventure. Any bonuses or penalties you have incurred no longer apply.

Now turn to 14 if you have the codeword 'bark' recorded or to 140 if you do not.
*we Do Not have bark.*

The bearded man starts to laugh. 'I must say I was worried when you left me after I freed you from the cross, but, as I hoped, you had made a promise to yourself to kill Saul." Turn to 14.

"Well, you fulfilled your promise perfectly," he says.

The hairs on your back bristle. What is he talking about?

"Saul wasn't always as you knew him, you know," he continues conversationally. "Once he was as you are now - a wolf. The strongest of my wolves in fact. Until one day I turned him into a human for the purposes of some ruse or another. I planned to turn him back, but he decided he'd rather stay human and tried to kill me before escaping from the swamp. I sensed when he had returned to the area and observing him leaving you on the cross, I knew how to achieve vengeance. You would kill him, but I placed a curse on you so that when you did, you would become a wolf - and I would have a replacement even stronger than Saul! And it all went perfectly: I took you from the battlefield and brought you back to my home in Scorpion Swamp. And now you shall be my slave."

So saying, he raises an amulet with a picture of a wolf on it. You cannot help but look at it and from that moment on, you are a slave to the Master of Wolves. Turn to 216.

You spend the next few months doing the bidding of your new master in the vile swamp. As the most powerful and intelligent wolf in his service, you soon become the leader of the pack. You know every inch of the swamp's trails and many of its dangers. You serve your master faithfully and are never happier than when he congratulates you for a job well done. You remember nothing of your former life.

One day, the Master of Wolves gives you a new task - one that will test you more than any previous one you have been assigned to. The Master of Spiders, another wizard who lives in the swamp and is a rival of your master, has gotten hold of a powerful orb of destiny. Your master desires the orb and you are to lead a pack of five wolves to the Master of Spider's clearing and steal the orb. You lead your pack away from the wooden lodge he lives in and head eastward through the swamp.

You haven't travelled far through the dank swamp when there is a frightened yelp from behind you as a monstrous tentacle comes out of a sinkhole and wraps itself around the smallest of the five wolves, raising him high into the air. You race towards the tentacle, eager to rescue your comrade.

TENTACLE Skill:8 Stamina:6

Fight this battle normally, except when the tentacle has the higher Attack Strength do not subtract any points from your Stamina score; the tentacle has merely avoided your blow. If you defeat the tentacle in three attack rounds or less, turn to 195. Otherwise, turn to 95.

Tentical  Us

12 4 16
14 2 18
16 dead 20

Your sharp teeth sink into the fleshy tentacle. It releases the wolf from its grip and drops him on the soft ground, before retreating back into the sinkhole. Quickly, you beckon the pack to head further east before anything more untoward happens. Turn to 375.

You turn north towards the Master of Spiders' abode. The trees begin to get denser and the drone of the many insects that call the swamp home increases. Your sensitive nose picks up a repugnant stench - the unmistakable scent of a swamp orc. The other wolves have noticed it too and begin growling softly. Suddenly, an arrow flies from the sickly trees straight towards you. Test your Luck. If you are Lucky, turn to 346. If you are Unlucky, turn to 191.
*roll 5 lucky*

The arrow flies harmlessly into the trunk of a nearby tree. The wolves advance on the spot where it came from, but the stench of the swamp orc fades quickly. Clearly he decided to make his escape before he was surrounded. Some of the wolves are eager to give chase, but you silence their yelps with a harsh bark. You continue north. Turn to 361.

At last you reach the edge of the Master of Spiders' clearing. It is festooned with cobwebs and crawling with spiders ranging from miniscule in size to enormous. The Master of Spiders; a bald, evil looking man with a thick beard, sits on a silver throne, his eyes closed in deep meditation, an ornate wand resting on his lap. In the far right hand corner of the clearing is the orb of destiny, perched on a pedestal. You and your pack remain unseen for the time being. How will you go about stealing the orb?
Will you:
Send one wolf to attack the master while you use the distraction to
steal the orb?        Turn to 50.
Lead the whole pack into an attack on the Master?    Turn to 5.
Sneak in on your own?      Turn to 84.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Hunger Of The Wolf

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.