Slumdog Millionaire - Page 3 of 5

This is a terrible situation... In lots of - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 21st Apr, 2009 - 6:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

26th Feb, 2009 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Slumdog Millionaire - Page 3

The movie is primarily in English with English subtitles where they show it in native languages (Urdu).

Sponsored Links:
28th Feb, 2009 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Millionaire Slumdog

The most recent news is that one of the little girls who returned home to India (the slums) met a large crowd where her father was fighting off her mother who had not been around for years in the child's life and of course showed up now that they will get a home and money. That's too bad.

28th Feb, 2009 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Slumdog Millionaire Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Disgusting that a so called "mother" can abandon her three children and now want to claim her. Sad. It is also heartbreaking that this child never went to school.

Mumbai: On her return from the US, it was not only the red carpet welcome that awaited "Slumdog Millionaire" child artist Rubina Ali.

Success in the international arena has also brought forth unexpected consequences, with both her biological mother Khushi and her step-mother Munni, with whom she lives in suburban Bandra slums, asserting their 'right' over her.

Both want to claim Rubina, basking in international fame after the golden Oscar run of "Slumdog Millionaire", as their own.

Rubina, who plays the child Latika, lives with her father Rafiq Qureshi and Munni.

Following the success of the Danny Boyle film, Khushi has returned to Garib Nagar slums, where she lives with her carpenter father.

According to Rafiq, Khushi left him and their three children -- Rubina is the youngest -- five years ago to marry 'some rich person' and never returned. However, Khushi says she had left the children with their grandmother...

19th Apr, 2009 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Millionaire Slumdog

It seems like the father of the little girl is not a saint either rolleyes.gif, he was willing to sell his daughter for millions.

The father of "Slumdog Millionaire" child star Rubina Ali has allegedly offered the girl up for sale in an illegal adoption deal, the Times of London reported.

Rafiq Qureshi reportedly put Rubina up for adoption, demanding millions of rupees worth 200,000 British pounds ($295,560), according to the newspaper.

"I have to consider what's best for me, my family and Rubina's future," he is claimed to have told an undercover reporter with the News of the World.

Qureshi tried to blame Hollywood executives for forcing him to put his daughter up for sale, the newspaper reported....

21st Apr, 2009 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

Millionaire Slumdog

The children in this movie are going through hell. The Indian government should forget nuclear weapons and pay more attention to her own children and the mistreatment.

In this video the boy is slapped just because he is tired:

In this video filmed in Urdu there is a big cat fight between Rubina's mother and stepmother. I can't yet find a video that shows the fight where they were actually kicking and chocking but I saw it on FNC:

21st Apr, 2009 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Slumdog Millionaire

They won't because it is a "cultural" issue. Kids have no rights in India, hence the whole theme of the movie.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2009 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Slumdog Millionaire
A Friend

Slumdog Millionaire - Page 3

Watching the mother and step mother deck it out with hair pulling and choking each other made some interesting entertainment for those watching FNC this morning.

I hope that some of these children get better care.

21st Apr, 2009 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Slumdog Millionaire Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

This is a terrible situation...
In lots of stories about other countries I'm torn because, let's face it, we really don't have any right to say that everyone, everywhere, has to think like we do...
But it's hard to reconcile that with people and especially kids being treated like this...
I haven't actually seen the movie myself, we go to very few movies and when we do, we tend to try for fun, entertaining movies... Not tear jerkers which I know this one would be...
Occasionally though, we make an exception... Monsters vs Aliens was a thought provoking, profound documentary on clashing cultures... "Why can't we all just get along?"

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Slumdog Millionaire

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,