Happy Thanksgiving - Page 3 of 13

Traditionally, it is turkey because that is - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 14th Nov, 2005 - 3:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (13) »

?
Poll: What do you HONESTLY like the most about Thanksgiving Day?
  Being with family       46.43%
  Being with family and relatives       32.14%
  Having a great feast of food       3.57%
  A break from work       7.14%
  Going on a brief vacation       0.00%
  I do not celebrate Thanksgiving Day       10.71%
Total Votes: 28
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A time to eat or a time to be thankful?
25th Nov, 2004 - 7:34am / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 3

My family and I will be going to the wife's family's house for Thanksgiving this year. Our 1 year old is plenty to be thankful for; plus he will be able to enjoy this one a lot more than the last one, he was only 4 months old at the time. Now he is eating regular foods and will eat heartily! My mom will join us there so it will be a special time for the grandparents with our kids, while the wife and I get to sit back and relax a little. Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum family who will be celebrating as well. I'll be enjoying some good food and watching football all day!

Sponsored Links:
25th Nov, 2004 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Happy

Is it today?. Oh gosh, I envy you all...I LOVE Thanksgiving...I think is such a BEAUTIFUL holiday, I hope you all have a great time with your families. smile.gif
LDS_forever

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2004 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving
A Friend

Happy Thanksgiving Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I'm really excited about Thanksgiving this year. My boyfriend's parents went out of town, which is sad, but this means that he and I don't have to try to fit two massive meals in within the same hour. We can pig out over here on fried turkey until our hearts are content. Then next year, we can go spend Thanksgiving just with them. Life made easier. smile.gif

25th Nov, 2004 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Thanksgiving Happy

Fried turkey? I never heard of it before, but I do love turkey!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone! smile.gif

25th Nov, 2004 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Happy

We are just staying at home. It is almost 12:30 PM, and we will be eating in a few minutes.

It has been a very interesting couple of days reading blogs and commentaries. On TownHall.com, there were two seperate articles trying to remind people that Thanksgiving Day isn't just about feeling thankful for the good things we enjoy, but about expressing those thanks to God. Within our country, many, if not most, people forget this simple idea. In fact, in some schools it is forbidden to even discuss the fact that the Pilgrims were Christian, and that the "first Thanksgiving" was about extending their thanks to God in prayer. They are actually teaching children that the holiday is about the Pilgrims thanking the Indians.

Anyway, I am thankful to God for the wonderful blessings He has given me.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

25th Nov, 2004 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm Jewish in tradition, so I didn't do much for thanksgiving. We did have a bigger than usually dinner, but not anything to do with Turkeys laugh.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Nov, 2005 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 3

Smudge brings up an interesting point. Is Thanksgiving a Christian celebration considering it was Christian Pilgrims that started it with the Indians who brought generous bounty for them or is neutral to all? I also wonder what thanks is show to the Native Indians in celebration of what they did? Also, does it have to be turkey or could it be roast pig?

14th Nov, 2005 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Traditionally, it is turkey because that is what the pilgrims had. However, many folks now also have baked ham (and I'm sure other main dishes) either instead of or in addition to the turkey.

I'm not sure if it's strictly a Christian, but definitely and distinctly an American ritual/tradition/holiday.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Happy Thanksgiving

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,