Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed - Page 4 of 13

QUOTE (TheQuietMan @ 4-Apr 09, 1:56 PM) Do - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Apr, 2009 - 6:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »
LDS Abused Children JB's most important Topic for Discussion. Still searching for a real answer to this and no one seems to be able to give a credible answer for it. Despite all the scriptures and revelations there seems to be no answer as to why millions of children suffer each day from the most evil, vile, degrading and violent abuse sometimes from their own parents.
1st Apr, 2009 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed - Page 4

Purpose in being raped day after day, a child of innocence, and worst off not being blessed with death to end the suffering but being made to LIVE and become an adult most likely to continue such heinous crimes knowing no better - purpose?

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2009 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed
A Friend

Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

Why do you expect that I should have an answer? Why would I know what the purpose is? How on earth could I know what the purpose is? All I know is that there is one, or many. There always is. God allows suffering because it serves His purposes. That is true. That I know. Why do you presume to be entitled to know the purposes of the suffering others when even they aren't always made aware of the reasons for their own suffering? Why must God reveal that to you?
Let God be God. Let him govern.

I don't know why little children suffer the way they do. I don't need to know. All I need to know is that God allows it for his own reasons. That is enough for me. I trust that God will make it right in his own time.

3rd Apr, 2009 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed Studies Doctrine Mormon

Your reply is so full of assumptions and ignorance that it is not really worthy of a reply. Assuming that I have the answer, which I never said, and ignorance for trying to claim and answer when you have none. You have no answer, so then do not reply. If the Topic bothers you then do not try to answer what you can't. I'm looking for answers and opinions that lead to enlightenment not a person to declare what is enough and what is not.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2009 - 8:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

What assumptions have I made in my reply? Please list them numerically.

Your original question:

When innocent children are brutally abused, and raped for years or even eventually killed what is the reason for that?

Answer: God has a reason. It is not your prerogative, nor mine, in every case to undersand it.
Are either of those statements false?

3rd Apr, 2009 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

QUOTE (TheQuietMan @ 2-Apr 09, 8:36 PM)
I don't know why little children suffer the way they do. I don't need to know.

If this was a case on your immediate family do you think you would have a need to know? Please think carefully before you reply to that question. There are thousands of people around the world who have been victims themselves, they DO have a need to know and the card of "God knows why" does not satisfies or eases their suffering. Put yourself in their shoes, that's what empathy is all about.

3rd Apr, 2009 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Due to the emotions that arise when I think of my own children being abused or raped, I mentally have to force myself to put these emotions aside(a difficult thing as I would probably want to kill any person that put my child through these thing) when thinking about this issue on a religious level.

I look at it as a question in two ways: either these children are suffering, and their suffering serves no purpose whatsoever, or they are suffering and there is some reason behind it. I do not know if I like either option, but intellectually I am more comfortable with some unknowable reason behind excessive suffering, then useless suffering that does not have a purpose.

I just pray that it all ends soon with the coming of the Savior.

And in those cases where an individual grows up in the situation and continues the behaviors,I believe the LDS Church has the best answer.

D&C 45: 54
  54 And then shall the heathen nations be redeemed, and they that knew no law shall have part in the first resurrection; and it shall be tolerable for them.

I would assume that God judges those who really did not have a chance in this life for goodness on an entirely different level then those who have ample opportunity to choose righteousness.

I also have a testimony that Christ, through his atonement, will take the memory of a lifetime of undeserved suffering. That in the eternities, these children will have healthy spirits, that hold no pain from their life. This is the only way I can fathom earthly suffering, even in its most extremes, and still believe in a loving and merciful God.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2009 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed - Page 4

If this was a case on your immediate family do you think you would have a need to know? Please think carefully before you reply to that question. There are thousands of people around the world who have been victims themselves, they DO have a need to know and the card of "God knows why" does not satisfies or eases their suffering. Put yourself in their shoes, that's what empathy is all about.

Do you not think I have watched my children suffer? I honestly admit that as I watched my 3 week old baby boy lie on the emergency room table as the nurse stuck needle in his spine to extract fluid, as they repeatedly stuck him in his wrists, feet, legs, and scalp to get an IV into his body, repeatedly because his veins were too small to find; as my wife and I took turns at the table stroking him while the other sat on the other side of the room crying with head in hands-as he lay there screaming for what seemed like an eternity to me, I did not once ask why he was called upon to suffer. What would God have told me that I don't already know? Suffering is incident to mortality. That is the answer. It is part of what we signed up for. This world is a machine that has been set in motion by the fall of Adam. The afflicitions of the innocent, whether brought upon them by natural causes or by the agency of the wicked, are part of that machine.

I am sorry that I cannot give you (general term) the answers you seek. I promise you that you will never get an asnwer to the question "why" other than what we have already been given, at least not in mortality. You may find that God reveals answers when you are directly affected, but why do any of us presume to be entitled to such knowledge when we speak of others? Let the revealed principles of the Gospel sustain you. Let the atonement sustain you. Let Christ comfort you. Don't seek comfort in what is not your right to have. Those are my thoughts.

Henry B. Eyring is once again speaking as I'm writing this, on this very topic. Listen to what he says. You will hear nothing of expecting answers from God. You will only hear about trusting Him in faith.

Reconcile Edited: TheQuietMan on 4th Apr, 2009 - 6:00pm

4th Apr, 2009 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

QUOTE (TheQuietMan @ 4-Apr 09, 1:56 PM)
Do you not think I have watched my children suffer?

First of all, let me say that I am sorry to hear about the experience with your newborn. As a mother myself, I can imagine how painful that experience must have been. Having said that, without trying to minimize your experience, we are speaking about totally different things here. Really, the experience you shared (as painful that must have been to you, your baby and your whole family) cannot be compared to a child who was born to suffer, to be raped and tortured on a daily basis sometimes to his/her death or sometimes becoming an abuser himself/herself because that's all they know. I think there is a huge difference between the cases.

I promise you that you will never get an asnwer to the question "why" other than what we have already been given, at least not in mortality. 

Will all due respect, unless you are a Prophet over me, how do you know that? Heavenly Father is free to reveal this or any other thing to whoever He would like to.

Henry B. Eyring is once again speaking as I'm writing this, on this very topic.  Listen to what he says.  You will hear nothing of expecting answers from God.

It's fine that Elder Eyring shares his opinion on the matter, that fact does not stop others to seek answers for themselves.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,