Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed - Page 5 of 13

My answer to "why do innocent children - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Nov, 2009 - 4:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (13) »
LDS Abused Children JB's most important Topic for Discussion. Still searching for a real answer to this and no one seems to be able to give a credible answer for it. Despite all the scriptures and revelations there seems to be no answer as to why millions of children suffer each day from the most evil, vile, degrading and violent abuse sometimes from their own parents.
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2009 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed
A Friend

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed - Page 5

Having said that, without trying to minimize your experience, we are speaking about totally different things here. Really, the experience you shared (as painful that must have been to you, your baby and your whole family) cannot be compared to a child who was born to suffer, to be raped and tortured on a daily basis sometimes to his/her death or sometimes becoming an abuser himself/herself because that's all they know. I think there is a huge difference between the cases.
And this is where we differ. As you so succinctly point out, you are no more a prophet for me than I for you. And you DO minimize my pain. That is exactly your intent. Don't sit here and tell me that you're not doing exactly what you're doing. Suffering is suffering. Pain is pain. The only person who may, with any degree of accuracy, make a declaration on the scale you have is the Savior. No one else.

Please, all those in this thread for whom the revealed pricniples of the Gospel are not sufficient to bear up your faith I issue this challenge: As God is liberal to those who ask, if you don't mind, please share with the rest of us the reason that God allows the prolonged incomprehensible suffering about which you are speaking, as soon as you receive that answer. I won't hold my breath.

For me, I will spend my strength mourning with those that mourn, instead of rating the severity of their suffering for them. Christ's grace is sufficient for me.

4th Apr, 2009 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

Perhaps there is not a purpose in this but a condition. In other words it is like collateral damage for a greater cause: agency. Its like when you send soldiers on a dangerous mission. They do not plan to be caught, but one might and be tortured for years.

5th Apr, 2009 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed Studies Doctrine Mormon

This is one of those things that bothers me a lot and I consider it more of a mystery than the deepest doctrines that can be found. The answer can be found though since we are promised that all thngs can be revealed to those that seek the answer. To date I'm still serching.

30th Jul, 2009 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

QUOTE (TheQuietMan @ 4-Apr 09, 8:16 PM)
As God is liberal to those who ask, if you don't mind, please share with the rest of us the reason that God allows the prolonged incomprehensible suffering about which you are speaking, as soon as you receive that answer. I won't hold my breath.

For me, I will spend my strength mourning with those that mourn, instead of rating the severity of their suffering for them. Christ's grace is sufficient for me.

Oh wow arent you full of yourself? G-d can answer anything to anyone he wants you sound almost like a catholic for goodness's sake.

dbackers

I just pray that it all ends soon with the coming of the Savior.

I really really really like this sentiment. We may not know the reason kids are put through such a torture but we hope the suffering ends up quickly. Seeing kids being abused brings out the worst out of me you know what am I saying?.......

6th Nov, 2009 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

Despite three pages of Discussion it is sad that we are unable to find a true answer to this, but at the same time I'm not satisfied with it just being a 'mystery' of God.

7th Nov, 2009 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

A couple of quotes from Brigham Young that even though does not specifically explain the length of the suffering of these kids, he is hinting that spirits are send to wicked people because the righteous are not ready to welcome them.

international QUOTE
There are multitudes of pure and holy spirits waiting to take tabernacles, now what is our duty? -- To prepare tabernacles for them; to take a course that will not tend to drive those spirits into the families of the wicked, where they will be trained in wickedness, debauchery, and every species of crime. It is the duty of every righteous man and woman to prepare tabernacles for all the spirits they can... (Discourses of Brigham Young, Pg.197)

international QUOTE
To check the increase of our race has its advocates among the influential and powerful circles of society in our nation and in other nations. The same practice existed forty-five years ago, and various devices were used by married persons to prevent the expenses and responsibilities of a family of children, which they must have incurred had they suffered nature's laws to rule preeminent. That which was practiced then in fear and against reproving conscience, is now boldly trumpeted abroad as one of the best means of ameliorating the miseries and sorrows of humanity. Infanticide is very prevalent in our nation. It is a crime that comes within the purview of the law, and is therefore not so boldly practiced as is the other equally great crime, which, no doubt, to a great extent, prevents the necessity of infanticide. The unnatural style of living, the extensive use of narcotics, the attempts to destroy and dry up the fountains of life, are fast destroying the American element of the nation; it is passing away before the increase of the more healthy, robust, honest, and less sinful class of the people which are pouring into the country daily from the Old World. The wife of the servant man is the mother of eight or ten healthy children, while the wife of his master is the mother of one or two poor, sickly children, devoid of vitality and constitution, and, if daughters, unfit, in their turn, to be mothers, and the health and vitality which nature has denied them through the irregularities of their parents are not repaired in the least by their education. (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 12, Pg. 120-21)

8th Nov, 2009 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed - Page 5

Given that the Saints of the earth are a very few in number, less than a spec when you consider the billions of the earth, the quote by Brigham does not make sense to me. Is that "spec" to rescue all those that will be born into mistreatment? Even if every Mormon family were dedicated to 20 children each there would still be millions of children who fall prey to abuse of the most bitter manner. I think this does not really answer my question, plus it goes into subject matter better suited and already being Discussed in the LDS Mature Board. I'm interested in the why and not the "What can we do to help prevent it?".

8th Nov, 2009 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

My answer to "why do innocent children suffer abuse"... Deals with free-agency... What will you do with it... how good one is... how evil one is.

I am assuming, here.

What can one say when knelt at the judgment seat and hear Christ say... You have been evil, you have abused the most innocent, where do you belong? Do you belong with God?

God lets children be abused to PROVE how evil a person is. Unless one has the free agency to act evil, how can God PROVE his evil? He cannot say, "well I know you are evil, because if I l would have let you, you would have abused children"... NO! the sinner will not be able to question his sins, they will be written on the wall, he will see them, he will admit to them.

Now that leads to the question... Then these children, NOT KNOWING, tend to grow up and abuse the same way.

Christ will take that into account when judging; he is the perfect judge.

I honestly do not think there is a person on earth who DOES NOT KNOW when they are in the act of abusing a child that it is WRONG. That may sound ignorant, but it is comprehensible to me that someone could "innocently" abuse a child again and again without it crossing their mind it is WRONG.

Anyone who would agree to sacrifice their life here on earth (meaning endure abuse as a child) in the pre-existence in order to ensure that free-agency was used by all....including those who would chose evil...is a savior to us all.

My question is...did that spirit choose... Did they raise their hand and say... I will go and complete that mission? I cannot come up with an answer to that.

Very emotional topic.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Maybe it is your 'style' but using "...." to connect sentences is not correct unless you are using "..." (three dots after the word) which means a continuing of the sentence or "...." (four dots after the word) which is an end to the sentence. In both cases after your dots there should be a space so it is not all joined together. Content here is published across our network and connecting dots to words or other kinds of net talk may cause bad formatting.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (13) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,