Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed - Page 7 of 13

This question evokes anger at God, and who - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Mar, 2010 - 7:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (13) »
LDS Abused Children JB's most important Topic for Discussion. Still searching for a real answer to this and no one seems to be able to give a credible answer for it. Despite all the scriptures and revelations there seems to be no answer as to why millions of children suffer each day from the most evil, vile, degrading and violent abuse sometimes from their own parents.
30th Nov, 2009 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed - Page 7

This is a deep topic and let me say upfront I don't have to answer but I wanted to respond because of what was said about being called to suffer. I've never heard or thought about something like that before. The Book of Mormon teaches that we are so that we might have joy. Considering a child going through those things isn't joy. I don't know, this is one I will definitely be asking around about.

6th Dec, 2009 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

I watched this case in America Most Wanted of a couple who abused their own biological kids as well as 6 kids they adopted from Guatemala. The details were chilling and just could not comprehend why these kids had to endure all their lives this kind of abuse. They were finally adopted into good homes but it still left such a bitter taste in my mouth of "WHY"?

20th Jan, 2010 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (ChicaSUD)
...it seems like suffering is part of our "calling"

Interesting that you mentioned that because I have a whole Thread I dedicated to that too: Source 4 however I still cannot comprehend the need to have innocence suffer. Here is a case we recently commented on: Source 6 please read it, I feel my heart hurt just thinking about what those poor girls went through - why?

9th Mar, 2010 - 9:43am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

Here is my 3 cents worth. I know some close friends who adopted a 6 year old girl who had been raped by the father, starved, lived on the street, begging for food and was also taught to shoplift by the parents. This was NORMAL for this child. Living in a home, with loving parents, your own room, plenty of food, going to church, this was AB-NORMAL for the child.
It really messes up the minds of everyone. But one thing is certain. The birth parents have a testimony of abuse against them, and they have no one to blame but themselves. I'm sure they'll blame their own parents, but at some point they knew what they were doing was wrong. The bad thing for them was getting caught.
Now, what about those who are born during the millenium, a time when Satan is bound? They certainly are not going to suffer. OK, I'm going out on a limb, lets just 'speculate' for a moment. Could it possible that these spirits would get another chance at life without the suffering. Haven't we heard of parents having a chance to raise their children during the millenium. How does that happen. It would sure be a nice reward for those who did suffer. Does anyone remember a phrase "eternal lives?"

9th Mar, 2010 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

In your first paragraph you gave a good example of what I' talking about, but in your second paragraph you go into a tangent that really has nothing to do with this Thread. I'm trying to get an answer for why that 6 year old had to go through that? Who cares if the parents have a testimony against them, it does not help the little girl any. Additionally this happens a lot more than we may think and most times there is no rescue by people willing to help - instead the little ones grow up to adults continuing the cycle because they have been psychologically bombarded into thinking that abuse is normal.

9th Mar, 2010 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

I have one friend who joined our church 5 years ago. She grew up in a Satanic household in the midwest. There are many things she cannot remember, and there are other things that can come back to remembrance with a trigger. Or in other words, she may see a picture or hear a phrase that triggers a bad memory. For the most part she explains that her spirit fragmented and the main part left because it could not stand to see what was going on for however long it needed to be gone. It's a self defense the brain has when things get so bad the main part of the spirit has to leave. Most adults don't remember any abuse until many years later when something triggers that painful memory. It is at this time when you're older as an adult that you are more able to deal with the abuse. This women has some unusual gifts of the spirit perhaps because of the abuse. She has experienced ministering angels before joining our church. They have helped to heal her more than any mortal could. She has a close relationship to the Savior and the Father.
This type of abuse can also lead to multiple personalities, because of different types of abuse. The fragmented spirits take on personalities, and generally don't get along with the others, but it is the function of the brain to protect the person.

9th Mar, 2010 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed - Page 7

BHunter, I appreciate sharing what one individual went through but maybe you have not really read through this Thread. I am trying to get a specific answer to a specific question. The question is basically is "Why?" Why do children go through tormenting abuse day after day with no day of peace wither to one day face death or to be released into the world to continue the cycle of torment on others. Please read through the Thread in whole.

10th Mar, 2010 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

This question evokes anger at God, and who are we to "Judge God" He knows everything, past, present and future. We're lucky to remember what lesson we had in Sunday School last week. Joseph Smith spent some hellish time imprisoned many, many times, all on false charges.

international QUOTE
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes."

DC122:7-8

We need to know who these spirits are of these our little ones. But all reality they are our brothers and sisters in the spirit. So also are the abusers. I believe our challenge is to obey the commandments.

international QUOTE
"Wherefore I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin."

DC64:9

international QUOTE
"I the Lord will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men."

DC64:10

We do not know the spirits who have chosen to come, they may be some of the greatest. This women I talked about, has been through hell. Men are that they may have joy, doesn't necessarily mean all of just earth life. That we'll never get sick, break a leg, experience pain. This if the place where we learn through experience. I would pray that we cut God some slack, and trust in his almighty arm of love.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. The Source of your Quote should also be provided. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,