Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed - Page 8 of 13

As I was reading this case today I thought - Page 8 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Mar, 2011 - 12:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (13) »
LDS Abused Children JB's most important Topic for Discussion. Still searching for a real answer to this and no one seems to be able to give a credible answer for it. Despite all the scriptures and revelations there seems to be no answer as to why millions of children suffer each day from the most evil, vile, degrading and violent abuse sometimes from their own parents.
10th Mar, 2010 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed - Page 8

international QUOTE (BHunter)
This question evokes anger at God, and who are we to "Judge God" He knows everything, past, present and future.

You obviously have not read through this Thread and do not know the answer. I am not looking for typical secular reasoning. This also reminds me of the Thread "Don't Ask that".

31st May, 2010 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

I will probably sound insane but could it be that G-d sees these kids as collateral damage? Basically give people the freedom to choose WILL include these sort of scenarios?

4th Aug, 2010 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (SuzieSu)
G-d sees these kids as collateral damage?

Maybe. If that is true then the next question will be is it worth it? Will you be willing to subject just one of your children to a life time of torture for the sake of something better down the road? What about millions of children? Not understanding eternity myself I cannot comprehend that as collateral damage.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2010 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

Name: John

Comments: I have agreed with everything that TheQuietMan has said.

It's my belief that everything happens for a reason. Some children suffer horrible things because it is necessary. Maybe their suffering was necessary to give them a greater understand of what it means to suffer, so that they could better appreciate the goodness of righteousness. Or so that they could more greatly sympathize and make understanding guardian angels. Maybe a child's suffering inspires a person to great charity.

I don't know the particular reason for each child, but I know that each child suffers for a reason. Every person suffers for a reason.

If the savior did not suffer in the garden of Gethsemane then he would no be our redeemer, his suffering was necessary.

If a third of the hosts of heavens were not cast into outer darkness then we would not have any tempters, and could not be tried in mortal probation. Their suffering is necessary.

God lets suffering happen because it is a part of his plan. He let Adam choose to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil because if he had not fallen, and thus suffered, we could not be redeemed.

If we did not know sorrow, we could not know joy. If this was not so then we wouldn't have needed the fall of Adam, or the atonement. It's part of God's plan, and thus has a reason. We can suppose on the reasons, and in many cases we may suppose correctly.

31st Aug, 2010 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

international QUOTE (John)
Some children suffer horrible things because it is necessary. Maybe their suffering was necessary to give them a greater understand of what it means to suffer, so that they could better appreciate the goodness of righteousness.

Necessary for what? How does a child get greater understanding of suffering if they do not know any different and become numb to it? We are not talking about an adult who has been put in a situation of abuse. We are talking about children here. Children as young as one year being sexually molested, tortured and starved DAILY. Then they are raised day after day like that, some are kept as prostitutes by their own parent(s). They reach a certain age and attempt to commit suicide or inflict what they know on others who may be younger than them. How is that necessary? How are they learning from that? How can you learn joy if you only experience pain?

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2010 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

Name: John

Comments: While in mortality they may not be able to compare, but their term in the spirit world will be much longer than their mortal probation. Maybe they can use that understanding there.

I believe The purpose of mortality is to learn and to be tested. A child who is tortured to death from birth obviously doesn't get much chance to be tested, thus their mortal probation was probably a learning experience.

2nd Sep, 2010 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed - Page 8

You are using a lot of "may", "maybe", and "probably" and that is not what I'm looking for. We all have opinions but my point is there is nothing I have seen yet that Doctrinally answers this. Additionally,

international QUOTE (John)
A child who is tortured to death from birth obviously doesn't get much chance to be tested, thus their mortal probation was probably a learning experience.

That does not make any sense. If the child does not get a chance to be tested then how can it be an experience? I suggest you read through this Thread from the beginning.

8th Mar, 2011 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 8

As I was reading this case today I thought a lot about this thread and I just cannot possibly understand the reason kids are born in such awful circumstances. In this case, twin children born of a drug addicted mother, a pedophile father who sexually abused them and when you think they may get a break by going to the home of a loving adoptive couple, it turns out they're abusers too! And they tortured them daily in the most awful of ways and ends up killing one of them.

Why, why in the world would God allow such evil upon two innocent children? Being born to suffer, and die in the most horrible manner.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,