Types of Forum Users - Page 4 of 18

And then there are the eloquent posters, with - Page 4 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 23rd May, 2004 - 8:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (18) »

?
Poll: This thread shows me that...
  The Owners care a lot about the Community       33.33%
  There will always be one bad apple in every group       11.11%
  You can never have a perfect setting in an imperfect world       11.11%
  There are people that just cannot appreciate a good thing       14.81%
  The Moderators do an excellent job here       11.11%
  This is the most clean site to converse on the net       11.11%
  The Community has issues similar to a soap opera       7.41%
Total Votes: 27
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There is a sense of entitlement prevalent on the internet that makes surfers believe they can go anywhere and do whatever they like without consequence or barriers. Yep, we get all types here and just in case you are wondering... We are moderating everything!
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2003 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users
A Friend

Types of Forum Users - Page 4

You all [are] the admins on duty at the time - defending the chat well its as plain as the nose on your face  just some of the questions are in rapid fire  where you from, have you posted yet, are you going to post, how old are you, that one should not matter you run a clean site no matter what age ,then if they are a bit or a lot shy the next question is why are you not talking or just maybe they are looking to see if the chat is what they really want because if it does not suit them they are going to leave anyway what I guess I'm trying to say is just for a short let them have a little leeway indulge for 30min or so let them feel there way a bit don't rush them if at the end of 30min or so they just might stay or even go [Yes] never know.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jul, 2003 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Users Forum Types

Thanks for the clarification Max... I think I need to clear up some things that you might be misguided on.

1. Users cannot enter the chat room without permission so I would have already checked to see if they joined the forum and posted, no need to ask them that. If other mods do, it is not necessary.

2. Most chat users contact me via email and I'm long before or during their presence in the chat room and the biggest complaint I get is 'no one is talking' so they actually welcome the questions, etc.

3. All users have to understand that this is a community, so although it is fine to come and just 'look' in a way it is rude to log in and then say nothing. In fact if you say nothing long enough... Like 45 days your account will be deleted for inactivity.

4. We have a moderator board so we will work on the best way to handle new and 'old' users of the chat. Thanks for the input.

22nd Jul, 2003 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users Feedback & FAQ News Community

I understand now what you mean max although I disagree with it. Most people like JB says always tell us how when they're in the chat room nobody talks to them but you know it has a lot to do with different kinds of personalities, after all we are all different from each other, so here we are catering a web site for the whole world! isn't that a easy task? rolleyes.gif

13th Aug, 2003 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Users Forum Types

spock.gif What about the type of user that is intent on posting links everywhere. They cannot make a simple post without linking to some site to sell a product or service! Once more when you bring their attention to it they act as if they can do whatever they want and become very rude, this only further proves that they knew what they were doing in the first place since if it were done innocently then the response would have been different. However, I fail to see how this is possible since ALL OVER this forum, in the rules, etc specifically says, 'Do not post links to commercial sites!'.

2nd Jan, 2004 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

Users Forum Types

spock.gif What about the type of user tht makes a mistake in one post and then follows up with another post to talk about the mistake they made in the first post... grrrr... couldn't they just contact the administrator or use the report button instead of making the problem bigger by double posting?

23rd May, 2004 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users

The Linked Poster

Why do some people like to solve things by links to other people's words? It is like having a conversation and you ask the person... "Which color do you like the most?" And they reply, "Well if you go look in that book over there you will find out what colors are all about". It is not my question, it is just an avoidance of the answer.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users - Page 4

What about the poster who express their views and then they say nevermind because they cannot even understand themselves rolleyes.gif

23rd May, 2004 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 4

And then there are the eloquent posters, with well-thought-out messages, links for reference, and a flair for the literary *smile* I love that.

Roz

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (18) »

> TOPIC: Types of Forum Users

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,