Types of Forum Users - Page 5 of 18

The reason I made that statement was because - Page 5 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 19th Jul, 2004 - 10:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (18) »

?
Poll: This thread shows me that...
  The Owners care a lot about the Community       33.33%
  There will always be one bad apple in every group       11.11%
  You can never have a perfect setting in an imperfect world       11.11%
  There are people that just cannot appreciate a good thing       14.81%
  The Moderators do an excellent job here       11.11%
  This is the most clean site to converse on the net       11.11%
  The Community has issues similar to a soap opera       7.41%
Total Votes: 27
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There is a sense of entitlement prevalent on the internet that makes surfers believe they can go anywhere and do whatever they like without consequence or barriers. Yep, we get all types here and just in case you are wondering... We are moderating everything!
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2004 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users
A Friend

Types of Forum Users - Page 5

I really don't seem to enjoy the posters that get straight to the point and say what they have to say without explanation. It confuses me and then I have to post pointlessly to find out what they're talking about.

Sponsored Links:
17th Jul, 2004 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Users Forum Types

The kind of poster that is on several forums and thinks that because he/she does certain things in a certain way there or is responded or acknowledged in a way they like - that we must also comply within this forum to suit their needs rolleyes.gif. Hello, we comply with rules - not people on this forum. If you do not like the rules or the forum you have a delete button in your profile. Simply click on it and your 'misery' will be over.

18th Jul, 2004 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users Feedback & FAQ News Community

The kind of user that demands three messages to post book long information better known as 'rants' and then leaves never to return because they have finally left their 'classified ad'. rolleyes.gif

The kind of user that feels he is some how smarter than the system and tries to find ways around it without reading anything.

RULE: Please post 'x' words
USER: Why can't I post 'y' words
RULE: Because I said so
USER: But I am new!
RULE: So?
USER: So I want you to change all the rules to fit my needs
RULE: Please wake up from your sleep

18th Jul, 2004 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Users Forum Types

I've seen a few of that first type, lately. Makes it hard to carry on a discussion, doesn't it?

19th Jul, 2004 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Users Forum Types

Yes, especially when other users encourage them by posting offtopic messages just to let them continue on rolleyes.gif

On a positive note...

Users who join and immediately see the value of the rules set up to protect them from the predators of the net.

Users that you can count on to post constructively, they do it so well, and so often - good on them.

19th Jul, 2004 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users

The kind of poster who does just enough to be qualified for a certain status, then when is told that he/she may be too young to participate, posts an immature response blaspheming the site that was once praised just a couple of days before.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jul, 2004 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users - Page 5

The kind of poster who does just enough to be qualified for a certain status

Well the funny thing about the poster you posted about is this...

1. It says specifically that the age requirement is 16 (he is 14). We have let some younger ones in, but they have displayed maturity, so we thought - 'what the heck'.
2. He still posted and we gave him the benefit of the doubt by giving him RPG status - he then abused it by expecting everyone to tell him how to play and then to top it off - felt that I did not create his character fast enough - 'helloooo' - how much are you paying me? All this after I told him that he should wait til the Medieval game was ready to start.
3. We had to delete several of his posts including the dirty ones he left that further proved his imaturity. Most forums fight for people or try to allow everyone to participate, we are all the opposite, respect the rules and the community and you get far - if not, we are not afraid in the least to instantly delete your account - we are not begging for members here.

Enough said wink.gif Rant over.

19th Jul, 2004 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 5

The reason I made that statement was because he got the 30 posts required in the span of 2 days, and reading through some of the posts, it was my opinion that he did enough to get qualified. In my opinion.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (18) »

> TOPIC: Types of Forum Users

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,