Types of Forum Users - Page 6 of 18

Users that think the answer to their question - Page 6 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2004 - 12:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 18 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (18) »

?
Poll: This thread shows me that...
  The Owners care a lot about the Community       33.33%
  There will always be one bad apple in every group       11.11%
  You can never have a perfect setting in an imperfect world       11.11%
  There are people that just cannot appreciate a good thing       14.81%
  The Moderators do an excellent job here       11.11%
  This is the most clean site to converse on the net       11.11%
  The Community has issues similar to a soap opera       7.41%
Total Votes: 27
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There is a sense of entitlement prevalent on the internet that makes surfers believe they can go anywhere and do whatever they like without consequence or barriers. Yep, we get all types here and just in case you are wondering... We are moderating everything!
19th Jul, 2004 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users - Page 6

He did part of what is needed, which for us is the lesser part. The 30 post count is actually to slow people like him down so they take their time and read, adjust to the community, etc. Actually, he made upwards of 40 posts, but as I said, some we deleted simply because they were just rants and / or a grab for my attention - Grrrrr. Now you can see why we do not allow double posting here - could you imagine what would happen?

Sponsored Links:
20th Jul, 2004 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Users Forum Types

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 18-Jul 04, 8:29 PM)
Yes, especially when other users encourage them by posting offtopic messages just to let them continue on rolleyes.gif

I only did it twice (two different people), because I thought they were trying to actually reach a point. And, I did post a constructive comment, not simply a "go ahead".

toilet.gif

But I certainly agree. They were so long winded, trying to ram tons of opinion down our throats, that it was pretty much impossible to try to answer any of it.

20th Jul, 2004 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users Feedback & FAQ News Community

Nighthawk, actually I was not even thinking of you, if I were I would have Emailed you about it. The poster in question would just come and post something like...

'Okay go ahead you can continue'

As a message allowing the ranter to continue. This was just a waste in my opinion, they allow the rants to continue they post offtopic themselves and increase their post count and FP with working for it. Like you said Nighthawk, you can post for someone to continue, but it should be with a factual response to their last post or the post of others otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of double post rule.

I have often found that these types of posters (ones that want three posts in order to deliver one message) care nothing for the forum, they are often rude, think they know more than everyone else and in the end despise the community for not readily accepting their 'doctrine'.

22nd Jul, 2004 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Users Forum Types

The kind of user that joins saying they want to look at a certain board - then instead of going to that certain board they go off the site.

The kind of user that acts all suprised when they have to post 15 words when it clearly states this BEFORE they even submit their first message.

The kind of user that thinks rules do not refer to them only to everyone else.

28th Jul, 2004 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Users Forum Types

It's been my observation reading through here the past few days that the users who post messages regularly stick within the rules that are posted. Granted, they are fairly strict to keep things in line, although not unreasonable if you have a dose of common sense, and I think it's obvious that they work.

Also, when I first noticed the FP and post-quantity-for-privelige system, I was surprised, I hadn't seen that before, but after a few days posting here, I love the idea. I like the idea of being given 'credit' for what I do here.

After all, the saying goes "you reap what you sow," and I like the thought that I can't just log on and solely to play games or whatever, without first having to make a requisite number of posts, add constructive messages, etc. It makes me feel that I've earned the chance to play games and so on by adding to the message board - which is the whole point of a message board.

Such a setup (hopefully) prevents users from logging on simply to take advantage of the features here without making a valid contribution - and I like that. A lot of message boards could take a lesson from the setup this one has.

6th Aug, 2004 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users

One user had the nerve to join, post a complete commercial which of course is against the rules, and then had the audacity to contact me by Email telling me that the forum was nice and then offered me to purchase a slot in their magazine to advertise the forum. rolleyes.gif Excuse me... which part of the multiple statements and sentences did you not SEE about this kind of thing?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Aug, 2004 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users - Page 6

Users that think we are joking when we say there are certain threads you should read and follow in the FAQ.

22nd Aug, 2004 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 6

Users that think the answer to their question cannot possibly have already been thought of by the Architect (written in the FAQ or other designated places) so they assume I just do not want to answer it. Oh thou doubting Thomas.

> TOPIC: Types of Forum Users

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,