Types of Forum Users - Page 9 of 18

I love this Forum. I've been here - Page 9 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 11th Feb, 2005 - 6:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 18 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (18) »

?
Poll: This thread shows me that...
  The Owners care a lot about the Community       33.33%
  There will always be one bad apple in every group       11.11%
  You can never have a perfect setting in an imperfect world       11.11%
  There are people that just cannot appreciate a good thing       14.81%
  The Moderators do an excellent job here       11.11%
  This is the most clean site to converse on the net       11.11%
  The Community has issues similar to a soap opera       7.41%
Total Votes: 27
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There is a sense of entitlement prevalent on the internet that makes surfers believe they can go anywhere and do whatever they like without consequence or barriers. Yep, we get all types here and just in case you are wondering... We are moderating everything!
4th Feb, 2005 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users - Page 9

Members who post a speech or sermon rather than an actual topic of discussion. You want to answer but you do not know what to say because they haven't ask anything *shrugs*

Sponsored Links:
6th Feb, 2005 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Users Forum Types

Members that think that what they have to say is more important than keeping on topic and then they use there so called experience or level on other forums as a qualifier to do what they want here. Users that by nature are imperialistic and then call you fascists or communist when you protect the integrity of your own 'turf'.

9th Feb, 2005 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users Feedback & FAQ News Community

Users that join, post one message, do not come back and then send you an Email saying that it does not meet their intellectual capacity (whatever that is). Then when you admonish them to go delete their account if it is so bad they instead start browsing the Community rolleyes.gif.

Users that log on and then say that there is nothing that appeals to their interest out of 46,000+ posts, 200 Boards and 8+ RPGs.

Someone wake me up from this insanity please...

10th Feb, 2005 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Users Forum Types

Frustraters

Users that somehow think that because they are a member of the Community they have the right to get a response immediately when they send you an IM or Email as though you have no life outside the Community. Users that don't realize that you are a human being and have to eat, go to the toilet, speak to your family and basically have a life as everyone else in the world! Users that try to track your every move to see where you post and if there is conversation going on in places they do not have access to. Users that simply just do not know how to enjoy the Community without overstepping their bounds.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2005 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users
A Friend

Users Forum Types

I am concerned about this thread because its tone has gone from fun and light to very angry and seemingly bitter. I have always like the users that continue to post even when the conversation runs long. There are users that will stay with there beliefs and stay with them no matter what because there convictions are strong. I love having discussions with those users because I can learn the most from those like them. It would be nice to see some positive things about users since this thread has taken a decidedly negative turn.

I like the users that always seem to find something positive to other people. My favorite posters are the ones who go out of their way to welcome and befriend new posters. Befriending and helping new posters helps them greatly because it allows them to integrate easier to the community. This community and forum is great, but not always the easiest to gain acceptance immediately because we do follow the rules strictly here.

Another group of posters are the ones that are willing to concede a point to someone else. You don't always have to be right, unfortunately, that is one of the things I have to work on.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2005 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users
A Friend

Types of Forum Users

I have to agree with konquererz. I haven't seen this thread before, but having read through it now, it seems that particular posts are very pointed indeed, practically becoming name calling.

The users that I really appreciate are the ones who are patient and willing to at least listen to others and then give a constructive response. And the ones who are able to overlook little imperfections in the posters and still appreciate the spirit of the post.

This thread seems to have become an unconstructive way for admins to rant about users. If those admins have such a hard time enjoying running the site then they should reconsider doing so or restrict the user base to only those they like. After all, nobody is being paid to run this place. If you don't enjoy it, don't do it. If you do enjoy it, then please do some posts about how and why you enjoy it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Feb, 2005 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users - Page 9

I am concerned about this thread because its tone has gone from fun and light to very angry and seemingly bitter.

It was not meant to be funny and light or angry and bitter... it just shows the types of Forum users that pass through here. Not being a Moderator or Administrator you are 'protected' from those that seek to infiltrate this Community on a daily basis those that are Members and those that wish to become Members - you do not see it simply because there are people here that are very efficient at what they do, they act immediately, but it does not mean that these 'Types of Forum Users' do not actively exist. They portray one thing in their posts and behind the scenes it is a different matter. If we were to leave alone what these 'Types of Forum Users' do here then this Community would become like every other online community out there. hence, this thread let's them know we are very much aware of what is going on - we are not blind nor sleeping, but actively engaged.

If you don't enjoy it, don't do it. If you do enjoy it, then please do some posts about how and why you enjoy it.

You do not have any authority to decide what is constructive and what is not constructive here, what should be posted and what should not be, if Administrators should like their jobs or not - if you feel offended to be here or feel uncomfortable by our administration of this site then read: Being Offended:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....&st=#entry49843

11th Feb, 2005 - 6:01am / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 9

I love this Forum. I've been here going on two years now. And frankly, I've seen all types here. They come and they go: the good, the sweet, the bad, the foul, the spammers, the meek, the nuts, the holier-than-thou, the wonderful, the strong, the weak, good spellers, bad spellers... I could go on and on.

The one thing that is constant here is the standards. And fortunately, most of the good, wonderful, awesome people stay and become a true part of the community.

Not everyone can handle it here. This isn't meant to be anything other than what it is -- a public discussion forum for people from all walks of life, but with rules of conduct to make it a safe and "sane" place for people from all walks of life to feel comfortable and welcome. Sometimes, this thread is a helpful "tip" to a member who may be having a hard time. Sometimes, maybe it is about being a pointed reminder to a member who needs some guidance. Sometimes, maybe it *is* a way for admin to vent a little.

We, myself included, don't always see the "behind-the-scenes" happenings. Bad things get put to rights quickly and quietly, without much fuss, to keep things running smoothly. It's not right for any of us to make judgments about things we haven't seen or heard.

> TOPIC: Types of Forum Users

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,