Types of Forum Users - Page 11 of 18

Users who are unhappy and decide they must - Page 11 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 8th Mar, 2005 - 1:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 18 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (18) »

?
Poll: This thread shows me that...
  The Owners care a lot about the Community       33.33%
  There will always be one bad apple in every group       11.11%
  You can never have a perfect setting in an imperfect world       11.11%
  There are people that just cannot appreciate a good thing       14.81%
  The Moderators do an excellent job here       11.11%
  This is the most clean site to converse on the net       11.11%
  The Community has issues similar to a soap opera       7.41%
Total Votes: 27
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There is a sense of entitlement prevalent on the internet that makes surfers believe they can go anywhere and do whatever they like without consequence or barriers. Yep, we get all types here and just in case you are wondering... We are moderating everything!
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2005 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users - Page 11

User Dawnofthenew, do not duplicate messages in this thread, you have already given feedback.

Sponsored Links:
17th Feb, 2005 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Users Forum Types

Users who edit their posts constantly, not because of typos, but to change or add something depending on what they have read in other threads....

Users who edit their posts constantly because they like to have the last word...

Users who edit their posts constantly because they just do not know what they want to say...

Users who fool other users making them think they are they nicest people on earth but their e-mails and private messages are far from good....

Users who just do not understand that they cannot fit in by force. If a foot sizes 8...a size 6 shoe will never fit in and if it does...it will cause such a pain that if the feet is smart it will not want the shoe anymore and will get another pair of shoes...but if it is not smart, it will continue wearing the shoe, complaining, whining about the pain...yet when you see the foot, you would see that it still wearing the shoe. Madness.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2005 - 5:24am / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users
A Friend

Types of Forum Users Feedback & FAQ News Community

Users who write war and peace in the initial post. I don't want to have to take notes just to understand the initial question or discussion point of a new thread.

19th Feb, 2005 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

Page 11 Users Forum Types

Users who think they can fool others by adding extra information to a particular thread that they have not add in the beginning in order to make it sound "better"...

Fearful Users who use their blog to dicuss certain threads instead of going to that thread and explain themselves in order to avoid unwanted replies...

19th Feb, 2005 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

Users Forum Types

Users who join with their own "agenda" and pretend to be something they are not, but have joined specifically with the intention of criticizing another member(s) faith or religion in an effort to show them the "error in their ways."

1st Mar, 2005 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Types of Forum Users

Users that soak up all the time of the Moderators and Administrators editing, deleting their posts, yet being 'merciful' we allow them to continue within the Community, playing RPGs and making comments only to have them after a long time in waiting - delete their own account without even a reason or rant leaving the same RPG they so wanted to stay for...

Users that center the Community around them and not the other way around. it is similar to JFK - 'Do not ask what the Community can do for you, but instead ask what you can do for the Community'. Users that do not see how self-centered they are even in the words they choose.

Users that are not so obsessed with the Community so they are able to tell what is real and what is not - what is a game and what is serious - what is just fun and what is common sense.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Mar, 2005 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users - Page 11

Frustrated users that delete their account and do us a favor at the same time - Thanks.

8th Mar, 2005 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Types Forum Users Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 11

Users who are unhappy and decide they must infect everyone else with that unhappiness. I know, I had a user a few months back with whom I had begun to e-mail outside the forum. She had some family issues and I was interested in how things were going for her. (This user left months ago so it isn't anyone here today or even who was here a few days ago) Well, that was fine, but eventually she started ranting to me in the e-mails about how unfair her treatment on the forum was. She said some very mean and nasty things. What was the point? I never solicited her opinion about the forum and some of what was said was really completely uncalled for. In fact, in general our e-mails were never about the forum, but about her personal life. So, when she would start ranting about the forum, it made me very uncomfortable. I didn't know what to do. That is the problem. You end up in a situation where you think the person ranting is your friend so you don't want to offend them, but then they aren't your friend because their entire purpose is to taint any pleasure you derive from the forum.

If someone is unhappy or thinks they are being treated unfairly, why must they try to spread their misery? Either stay and work out the issues yourself, or leave, but don't be so small a person that you feel you must try to destroy the forum in the process. If you don't like how you are treated on the forum go, but go without trying to take everyone else with you. If we are so unfair to everyone here, then eventually the others will follow on their own accord. There is no need for you to try to encourage them.

You are all lucky I don't have the ability to delete accounts. I would be far less merciful than the administrator that some of you think is so mean and harsh.

> TOPIC: Types of Forum Users

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,