Could Not Deny It

Could Deny It - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Mar, 2009 - 3:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mormon History
Post Date: 11th Mar, 2009 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Could Not Deny It

Could Not Deny It
Mormon History Related

?Joseph Smith encountered intense persecution after [the first vision] had become public knowledge. He wrote:? ?I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while [abusers] were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation? (JS?H 1:25).?We regard that theophany?which we designate as the First Vision?and subsequent communications of heavenly beings with the Prophet Joseph Smith to be as real as my conversation with you now. These and other visitations relating to the promised restitution of the Church are well documented.
-- Russell M. Nelson, Source: Church History Gems

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: Could Not Deny It

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,