An Eternal Triumph

An Eternal Triumph - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Mar, 2009 - 3:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mormon History
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2009 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

An Eternal Triumph

An Eternal Triumph
Mormon History Related

?Dan Jones . . . gave this poignant description of what he encountered in Nauvoo upon the return of the bodies of Joseph and Hyrum:? ?? There they lay in their coffins side by side, majestic men as they suffered side by side from prison to prison for years, and they labored together, shoulder to shoulder, to build the kingdom of Immanuel; eternal love bound them steadfastly to each other and to their God until death? (Dan Jones, ?The Martyrdom of Joseph Smith and His Brother Hyrum,? Brigham Young University Studies 24, no. 1 [Winter 1984]: 93).?Still, Mother Lucy Mack reported that even in the midst of so much grief and despair, there was comfort and peace. As she cried in agony, ?My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken this family!? she reported hearing a voice reply, ?I have taken them to myself, that they might have rest.? Then, as she looked upon the mortal remains of her two sons, she said, ?I seemed almost to hear them say, ?Mother, weep not for us, we have overcome the world by love; we carried to them the gospel, that their souls might be saved; they slew us for our testimony, and thus placed us beyond their power; their ascendency is for a moment, ours is an eternal triumph? ? (History of Joseph Smith by His Mother, Lucy Mack Smith [Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1958], pp. 324?25).?

M. Russell Ballard, ?Brothers Bound by Love and Faith,? Ensign, Sept. 1994, 66?67

Topics: Faith

Source: Church History Gems

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: An Eternal Triumph

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,