Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Page 4 of 6

PTSD, certain prescriptions for PTSD may raise - Page 4 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 9th May, 2017 - 11:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
PTSD Quotes
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2016 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Page 4

What's really going on in PTSD brains? Experts suggest new theory

PTSD experts agree that the condition has its roots in very real, physical processes within the brain - and not some sort of psychological “weakness”. But no clear consensus has emerged about what exactly has gone “wrong” in the brain. A new theory that integrates decades of research focuses on a key function called context processing. Ref. Source 5d.

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2016 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

While it might be physical could it be that the state of mind previous to that caused a physical state that made PTSD possible? For instance if you can't lift 100lbs because you're weak then we know its weak muscles but its actually because you never did strength training.

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2016 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
A Friend

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Health & Special Psychology

So you are saying that weak minded people are the ones who get PTSD? I think that that has nothing to do with it. But knowing that no two people are the same it would be hard to trace the exact cause down. I know that I have a strong mind and a strong will. I know I am above average on the IQ scale but yet I am suffering from PTSD. I think that in itself counters your argument.

10th Oct, 2016 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

I am not saying that at all. I am just saying that some people are not prepared for what happens to them in life. If you grew up living a life where everything is provided for you and then suddenly became homeless then you might break down. If someone grew up in poverty then for them its another day. We may be strong minded but not prepared, I think those are two different thing. Anyone can go through PTSD if they are not prepared for the unexpected no matter how strong you are.

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2016 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

I can see where you are coming from. When people are unprepared for a tragic event or some other sudden event that has a big impact on your life it can cause issues with the person that is unprepared. But with the military you train for this you train daily for the possibility in going into battle and what could occur. You have live fire training so you learn to react and move while being fired at. Granted you do not see the person that is next to you get half his head blown off but some things one just can not totally prepare for.

I do know that everything is done in the military to prepare them for the dangers and horrors for conflict/war. I know that the every person in a situation of conflict react differently and all have different results. SO I think it is more than not being or being prepared for a tragic event in soldiers. I agree that it can be a factor in someone who is not prepared at all.

10th Oct, 2016 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

I understand you can't prepare for war but I did not really bring it up but since we are there a few weeks of training really, in my opinion is not enough to be put into a combat situation. If anything it might you fear more the anticipation of what is coming but just be good at keeping a straight face. PTSD is not limited to soldiers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Nov, 2016 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Page 4

Blood pressure may open door to personalized medicine for PTSD

Treatment with the drug prazosin effectively reduces symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) for many people, but about one third of patients don't respond to the treatment at all. Attempts to understand why people respond differently have fallen short. Now, a new study reports that soldiers with higher blood pressure before beginning prazosin treatment see better results from the medication. Ref. Source 8s.

Post Date: 9th May, 2017 - 11:02am / Post ID: #

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Psychology Special & Health - Page 4

PTSD, certain prescriptions for PTSD may raise risk for dementia - Until now, researchers didn't know whether the kinds of medications used for people with PTSD could increase risks for dementia. (These medications include including antidepressants, antipsychotics, sedatives, or tranquilizers.) A new study examined this connection. Ref. Source 3c.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,