Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Page 2 of 6

For what it's worth I ran across an - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2010 - 6:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
PTSD Quotes
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2010 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Page 2

Why do some suffer PTSD, others don't?

When Sgt. Michael Blair awoke from a drug-induced coma four years ago, doctors gave him a choice. Blair's legs had been blasted by a roadside bomb in Iraq. The physicians could amputate both limbs, or they could try to save them through a series of grueling medical procedures. Ref. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2010 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
A Friend

Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

I know there is a lot of people who can handle high stressful situations and have no real effects while others can not. I think it has to do a lot with family and friends who help support them in these events that helps them deal with it. It is easier to deal with those who are close to you than having no one there for you to assist you.

22nd Apr, 2010 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Health & Special Psychology

This is way out there but I feel I should bring it up. A person's DNA is transferred to its child correct. So what if those traumatic experiences were also transferred to the next generation.

We have a lot of kids who have an affinity towards violence and show the responses of PTSD. What of them, do we help the children of the men who died in battle because they have no father and are more prone to drugs and such activities do to lack of guidance?

Even further if reincarnation is a true thing (which is impossible to prove), but if it exists how do we help those men. Men whos souls have previously experienced such atrocities and are still scarred from it.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2010 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

I do believe that the DNA a person transfers to their child is the part that can deal or not deal with PTSD. I do not think a persons DNA is changed through the experiences that they go through in life.

As far as reincarnation, I do believe that there are some cases that makes a person really think about this. I am not sure that the experiences they went through always transfers back into the new body. I guess more research is needed on that.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2010 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

After decade of war, impact of combat stress becomes clearer

After nearly a decade at war, awareness about post traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, and other forms of mental anguish suffered by today's combat veterans is at a peak. Society is grappling with the issue on many fronts, from military caregivers and leaders to Hollywood directors. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2010 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

My husband has PTSD. He's on sleeping medication and anti-depressants. He's also been in the hospital twice because he had a flashback while at work. My husband seems to be getting better, but you never know when another flashback will hit. I don't think it is possible for a cure to be found, but there should be a way to help alter the affects of it so that there aren't any flashbacks, or something.

It's a good thing that they can diagnose it now, seeing as one of my friends had PTSD, but was in denial. He didn't want to seek help for it, and tried to pretend everything was OK. His wife knew there was something wrong, though.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2010 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Page 2

The best therapy that I have found for PTSD is to talk with other vets who suffer from it and talk to each other about their experiences while over in a combat situation. Being able to talk to another who has lived with some of the same experiences you have dealt with and lived through gives you another outlook on life. I can tell you that as long as they are able to talk frankly with each other away from others who do not understand it. They will receive some help they need.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2010 - 6:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

For what it's worth I ran across an article a while back relating to the treatment of PTSD. In the article it stated that some researchers found that rpg games especially the text versions or sometimes called muds actually help alleviate symptoms. I wish I still had the link to that article I would post it here.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,