Immigrating To Trinidad - Page 4 of 4

I will be happy to reply to your questions. - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 19th May, 2010 - 12:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 19th May, 2010 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Immigrating To Trinidad
A Friend

Immigrating To Trinidad - Page 4

our wedding is this saturday (YAY, I'm so excited!). I have been here for 9 months now, so I naturally wanted to get the immigration going ASAP, maybe even next week, but I just don't know where to start or what I need to even apply.

Sponsored Links:
19th May, 2010 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Immigrating

Well, first get married. smile.gif Second once you are married and you have all the papers that prove it, you both need to go to the immigration office in town, they will probably extend your visa and from there, give you a work permit (not everything in the same day). I remember extending my visa probably twice before they gave me a work permit. Make sure to take with you: Marriage certificate, passports, birth certificates, etc. After a long while, you may be granted permanent residency.

Post Date: 19th May, 2010 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Immigrating To Trinidad
A Friend

Immigrating To Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Did you need to give them everything all at once? Also, when you first go to get the application papers, did they give you an extension on your passport to stay here (I am so glad I don't need a visa, (laugh))? I'm guessing it takes a while to fill out the application, probably not something that can be done in a few minutes...
Sorry, I did warn you I have a bunch of questions, .

19th May, 2010 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Trinidad Immigrating

I will be happy to reply to your questions. It happened a long time ago though.

I cannot remember if I had to give them all papers at once but definetely recall a bunch of papers given to them. When I first applied they extended my visa for a few months and then the second renewal was for a year (work permitted included), after that I was able to get through with permanent residency. Oh, I also recall that during the process they asked me for a airline ticket back to my homeland. It is almost like an insurance to them so if something happens, they can always send you back. laugh.gif I believe you can also deposit the equivalent in cash.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Immigrating To Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,