Brain Tumor

Brain Tumor - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st Oct, 2014 - 12:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Top  Brain Tumor Scorpion Venom Helps Kill Brain Tumor - Other possibilities to destroy brain tumor
21st Apr, 2009 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Brain Tumor

I always believed that here on Earth we can find the cure for every illness, whether is through plants or animals.

international QUOTE
SALT LAKE CITY -- Scorpion venom as a cancer treatment! We brought that story a couple of years ago. Now, the poison of the scorpion is back; this time, with a partner that could make it even more effective in killing brain tumors.

We first got a glimpse of what the scorpion might do for cancer patients more than two years. The Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah was in the process of selecting five patients for this unique therapy, but the clinical trials were discontinued.

Human clinical trials might reopen again if the latest discovery from this creature proves to be true. Molecules pulled from scorpion toxin do in fact kill brain tumor, but researchers had difficulty getting the stuff to its target.

Dr. Randy Jensen, with the Huntsman Cancer Institute, said, "I would like to revisit that again, and I think some of the problems that have been experienced in a lot of drugs that we've tested is that they are not just delivered properly."

But scientists at the University of Washington have now found if you combine the scorpion molecule with nanoparticles, you cut the spread of cancer cells not by a mere 45 percent but by 98 percent.

Jensen said, "If they can get better delivery and get more efficacy of the delivery of the drug, then a new clinical trial, I'm sure, would be the next step after that."

A nanoparticle is a very small molecule that helps another molecule (Such as one found in a drug) do a specific job. How small is small? A red blood cell is a teeny six microns. Thousands of nanoparticles could fit inside a single red blood cell… Source 2

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Brain Tumor
Brain Tumor (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2011 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Tumor Brain

Two Drugs Used to Treat Other Cancers Have Positive Effect on Brain Tumors (ContributorNetwork)
Biotechnology News

ContributorNetwork - A study suggests two drugs being used to treat other types of cancer can have a positive effect on certain kinds of brain tumors. Researchers also found a genetic mutation that they linked to at least some cases of glioblastoma, the most common form of brain tumor.
Source: Yahoo! News: Biotechnology News

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2014 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Brain Tumor Health & Special Psychology

Why this woman will die on Nov. 1

BRITTANY Maynard will die on November 1, however she says there is "not a cell in my body that is suicidal." She explains why she has decided to die. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2014 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

Tumor Brain

Joni Eareckson Tada Pleads With 29-Year-Old Brittany Maynard to Not Kill Herself

Earlier this month, 29-year-old Brittany Maynard revealed she was planning to end her own life with the "death with dignity prescription" on November 1.Her choice to take the deadly drug came after finding out she had stage IV glioblastoma multiforme, which usually kills its victims in a matter of months. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2014 - 10:18am / Post ID: #

Tumor Brain

29-Year-Old Woman With Brain Cancer Still Plans to Kill Herself November 1st

Brittany Maynard, the cancer patient who has received national attention over her plans to kill herself under Oregon's assisted suicide law on November 1 still plans to take her own life. That's despite the fact that cancer patients and pro-life groups have tried to talk her out of the decision. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2014 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Brain Tumor

Brittany Maynard May Not Take Her Life on November 1 After All

In just three days, terminally ill cancer patient, Brittany Maynard plans to kill herself under Oregon's assisted suicide law. But, in a new interview, Maynard indicated she may not take her life after all. Ref. Source 3

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2014 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Brain Tumor

Brittany Maynard Won't Kill Herself November 1: "Doesn't Seem Like the Right Time Now"

Brittany Maynard has officially decided to delay her decision to kill herself under Oregon's assisted suicide law on November 1. She says it "doesn't seem like the right time now" to end her life. Ref. Source 2

31st Oct, 2014 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Brain Tumor Psychology Special & Health

If I was in this situation I don't know what I would do. When you're in a lot of pain you can't think straight and you feel like a burden to those you love so I don't judge her at all.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Brain Tumor

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,