War On Drugs - Page 3 of 4

I can support marijuana legalization, and - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 14th Dec, 2016 - 4:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Global Drug Trade
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2015 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

War On Drugs - Page 3

The War On Drugs Is A War On Minorities:

Former El Reno Prison Inmate Freed By Obama Speaks Out Ref. Source 8x

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2016 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Drugs War

Experts Call For Global Drug Policy Reform As Evidence Shows war On Drugs Has Harmed Public Health Human Rights
Science Related News

Fifty years of drug policies aimed at restricting and criminalizing drug use and minor possession have had serious detrimental effects on the health, well-being and human rights of drug users and the wider public, according to a major new report.
Source

25th Mar, 2016 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

War On Drugs Health & Special Psychology

I think locking people up for personal drug use is the wrong approach. Just send them to some kind of drug boot camp at their expense so they can get the help they need.

1st Jun, 2016 - 7:02am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Drugs War

Mexico: U.S. Shows "Terrible" Hypocrisy on Drugs
Original Post Date: 8th Oct, 2010 - 2:14pm

What do you think about the statement from Mexico that the USA shows hypocrisy on drugs?

international QUOTE
AP) President Felipe Calderon said Thursday that a California ballot measure to legalize marijuana represents hypocrisy in U.S. Drug policy for encouraging consumption while at the same time demanding that Mexico and other countries crack down on drug trafficking. "For me, it reflects a terrible inconsistency in government policies in the United States," the Mexican leader said late Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press. California voters will decide on Nov. 2 whether to allow possession of up to 1 ounce of marijuana. Proposition 19 would also clear the way for local governments to permit retail sales of pot. Calderon said he was certain that legalizing marijuana will lead to an increase in drug consumption. "It's very sad to see how drug consumption is, little by little, tearing apart American society and, if we don't watch ourselves, it will tear apart ours," the president said. Calderon spoke as Tijuana opened a two-week festival to showcase the city's economic prowess and cultural riches - a $5 million victory that portraying the city across from San Diego as a beacon of hope in the Mexican government's war on drug traffickers that Calderon launched in 2006. He sent troops to restore order in Tijuana in early 2007, one of the first cities in Mexico to have the military lead the battle against organized crime. Gone is the "pozolero" who dissolved bodies in vats of lye, gun battles in front of hospitals and day care centers and mutilated bodies dumped near school yards. Tijuana now wants to be known for making televisions and heart valves and putting on art fairs and a street opera festival… Source 4k

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2016 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Drugs War

Professor helps track illegal drug use via social media

A professor has developed a tool that leverages social media data to help analyze use patterns of illegal drugs by young adults across the country. Ref. Source 4c.

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2016 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

War On Drugs

American death rate from drugs, alcohol, and mental disorders nearly triples since 1980

A new study examines deaths in 21 cause groups, ranging from chronic illnesses like diabetes and other endocrine diseases, to infectious diseases, such as HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis, to accidents, including traffic fatalities. It explores mortality rates and how they have changed in every US county between 1980 and 2014, creating the most comprehensive view to date of how Americans die. Ref. Source 1t.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2016 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

War On Drugs
A Friend

War Drugs - Page 3

This is another really tough subject. I feel the drug war has failed by and large. The answer to me is to legalize all drugs. The FDA can inspect them to ensure they meet whatever standards are set up. Make it like the marijuana law is in Colorado. You can use it but not in public. Then hold people accountable for their actions. If you are high on a drug and commit a violent act then the drug is no excuse. You will be charged. People should be free to do what they want with their own bodies as long as they don't harm others.

In an ideal world I would want no one to do illegal drugs. They can cause great harm to the users and others. By legalizing it would cut out most of the gun violence in this country just as legalizing alcohol after prohibition did. Law enforcement could then concentrate their focus on other matters. People that became addicted and wanted to quit could go to a treatment facility free of charge. I feel this would be more effective than pouring all kinds of money into stopping it and yet it still goes on in large numbers. This would greatly reduce prison populations. Instead of the state giving welfare benefits to families of those in prison for using drugs the users could now be out in society supporting their own family. Just my opinion. I am in no way an expert in this field.

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2016 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

War On Drugs
A Friend

War Drugs Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

I can support marijuana legalization, and grit my teeth concerning a few others, but all of them?

Far too many drugs are too dangerous in my opinion to exist, both to users and those around them, much less be freely available. Locking a pcp user up for the murders committed while high does not help the victims.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: War On Drugs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,