Supermarket Prices - Trinidad Food Prices - Page 3 of 3

Even though I agree with the statement because - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Jan, 2016 - 11:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Supermarket Prices,Trinidad Food Prices Manning's price buster on food prices did not work. Now will the current government's removal of VAT on most food items help any? Seems to be not the case.
5th Nov, 2012 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Supermarket Prices - Trinidad Food Prices - Page 3

I do not know where Akash gets his reasoning from but you will recall that they have 45 days to get rid of stock they paid VAT on, there is no need to increase the price for that.

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2012 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Prices Food Trinidad Prices Supermarket

In the Trinidad Express there was an issue with this and look what was said,

international QUOTE
"I hope the consumer is not led to believe that come November 15 there is going to be a 15 percent reduction in their food bill because that is an inaccuracy that I would like to address here right now," he said.
Mouttet said even though the Government has not yet made the list available to them, several hundred items are already VAT free in the supermarket.

So if you think this going to 'help' it ain't, look forward to an expensive Christmas!

12th Nov, 2012 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Supermarket Prices - Trinidad Food Prices Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

At TruValu supermarket Long Circular Mall I did notice that some of the major items I normally buy were reduced - thank goodness!

19th Nov, 2012 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Prices Food Trinidad Prices Supermarket

Some supermarkets haven't adjusted their prices at all not even by a cent, they're just taking advantage of people who buy anyway and Trinis are known for that.

10th Apr, 2013 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Prices Food Trinidad Prices Supermarket

They forgot to take off the VAT from the things that Trinis buy the most - KFC and Subway! Also Rituals still has a VAT statement on their bill. Once the non-grocery items remain with the VAT, it makes little difference for me the removal of the VAT. undecided.gif

Reconcile Edited: Cagel on 10th Apr, 2013 - 5:45pm

12th Jan, 2016 - 11:19am / Post ID: #

Supermarket Prices - Trinidad Food Prices

Boy, so the government added 12.5% vat on hundreds of food items the basic ones! Such as flour, rice, pasta, cereal, oil, juice, sugar etc between hundreds of others. Which means since they keep raising the prices all the time for NO reason, we will now see even a greater increase. Madness! Fed up trying to figure out how to spend less or that we are spending 'too much' on food when the reality is that they have you with a noose tight on your neck with no break. Yet the cost of the trip to London to the Prime Minister was over $200,000!

I am getting such a bad feeling about this.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2016 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Supermarket Prices Trinidad Food Prices - Page 3

PM Rowley's answer to the higher prices to come on the 1st February, 2016: Change your diet. While I hardly eat anything that comes out of a supermarket somethings on the list to be VATable are considered basic items.

16th Jan, 2016 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

Supermarket Prices Trinidad Food Prices Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

Even though I agree with the statement because generally speaking Trinidadians eat very badly: Apple chow? Doubles? Pepper-saturated food? Ketchup and mustard in pizza? And the list goes on, the statement is wrong with regards to the relationship between healthy eating and the tax they will be imposing on all the basic products.

It is easy for Mr. Rowley who lives an affluent lifestyle and travels back and forth to tell the poor man in the street to change their diet when a lot of them, are hardly able to put food in their table and pay bills. Let's get real. This isn't about raising the price of KFC (Which will happen), we are talking about basic products such as rice, beans, etc. Let's not become so ignorant and try to justify the disaster that is approaching.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Supermarket Prices - Trinidad Food Prices

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,