Lds Apostle And Wife Attacked In Mozambique - Page 2 of 2

I am so glad to read that this experience - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2009 - 11:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Elder Russell M. Nelson and his wife Wendy along with 2 other couples
31st May, 2009 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Lds Apostle And Wife Attacked In Mozambique - Page 2

According to one of Elder Nelson's daughters he sent a message through his secretary stating he is okay and not to worry. He will be back in the US tomorrow. I was thinking how fortunate they were to make it alive and the fact that Elder Nelson is a doctor.

Source 3

Sponsored Links:
31st May, 2009 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Mozambique Attacked Wife Apostle Lds

My bishop told us about it today at Church I was a little distraught because I love Elder Nelson very much he is one of my favorite apostles.

2nd Jun, 2009 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Lds Apostle And Wife Attacked In Mozambique Studies Doctrine Mormon

The Mission President and wife described how the attack took place:

SALT LAKE CITY -- As Latter-day Saint Apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson is shaking off a weekend attack and robbery by armed gunmen in Mozambique, he's telling missionaries "this type of thing happens all over the world."

During the attack, the mission president's wife suffered a broken arm; others have cuts and bruises. KSL has now learned details of the incident from an e-mail that the mission president sent to the families missionaries serving in the area.

President Blair and Sister Cindy Packard are assuring family and friends of about 70 missionaries that they feel what happened in the mission home in Maputo, Mozambique was "an isolated armed robbery" and that they will be "reviewing all security and safety procedures"

Elder Russell M. Nelson and his wife, Wendy, were on Church assignment in that African nation, having dinner with the area president, his wife and the Packards the incident happened.

In a statement, the Packards said, quote:"Four armed gunmen overpowered our one guard "¦ We were threatened verbally and physically. Cindy was roughed up but finally did get away to warn other guards and neighbors who came to our assistance. She suffered a fracture in her left elbow ... Other bruises and skinned knees. Elder Nelson was accosted as well but is fine with minimal injury."

The Packards also wrote that they feel, quote: "Elder and Sister Nelson were not specifically targeted or that this was any act against the Church. Some have speculated that our guards were involved. They were not."

They also wrote that their 9-year-old daughter, Lindy, their housekeeper and her baby boy are safe; the two children hid in a closet.

The Packards also said that in Maputo, quote: "Home invasions and armed confrontations are not common. We have had one missionary apartment burglarized in recent weeks but have had no other incidents ... In over a year and a half."

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2009 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Mozambique Attacked Wife Apostle Lds

Apostle and others OK following attack

As KSL first reported Saturday, Elder Nelson and Sister Wendy Nelson were in the capital city, Maputo, for weekend meetings with Church leaders. Friday evening, armed assailants broke into a home where they were having dinner with mission president Elder Blair Packard and his wife, Cindy. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2009 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mozambique Attacked Wife Apostle Lds

Apostle's wife felt comfort despite attack

The wife of Elder Russell M. Nelson said she felt a comforting peace that helped her remain calm during an attack by armed robbers last spring. Sister Wendy Watson Nelson described the experience Friday during a speech to 3,300 women at the Time Out for Women event in Salt Lake City. The robbery occurred in May at an LDS mission home in Mozambique. "The four armed robbers had one intention," Sister Nelson said, "to (harm) my husband and to take me hostage." Ref. Source 1

20th Nov, 2009 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Lds Apostle And Wife Attacked In Mozambique

Its good to hear a lil more about this incident. When I first heard it I was wondering how come they have an unarmed guard at the door?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2009 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Lds Apostle Wife Attacked Mozambique - Page 2

I am so glad to read that this experience helped her in so many ways. I am sure she was terrified, I mean anyone would be in a situation like that.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Lds Apostle And Wife Attacked In Mozambique

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,